Meal replacement shakes

Options
mysweetDani
mysweetDani Posts: 12 Member
edited March 2016 in Food and Nutrition
I've been using shakeology as a meal replacement shake but I've been told there are cheaper and better options out there. There's lot of great reviews on ideal shake by idealshape. What are your thoughts on this shake and/or others.
Remember I'm not using it just for the protein so regular protein shakes are not enough. :)

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    IdealShake sounds just as bad. Who have written those reviews? Their webpage makes my BS radar beep loudly. All meal replacements are bad. Go for real food if you want cheap and good nutrition.
  • KarlynKeto
    KarlynKeto Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Not familiar with shakeology but I personally use Vega One daily, my fav is the French vanilla. It is loaded with all kinds of healthy goodness, high protein and equal to six servings of greens. They also just came out with a lower carb version that I may switch to called Vega Essential. Depending on the day I usually mix them with almond milk, chia seeds, unsweetened coconut flakes, and some berries and maybe spinach or kale. Since I am doing LCHF, I have been adding 2 tblsp of heavy cream which is yum! I can go hours on this meal. Super healthy, super filling, and super yummy.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    The issue is what do you do once you STOP using meal replacement shakes? Statistics will show that weight regain is highest amongst those who use liquid dieting products as a means to lose weight. Why? Cause they never really figured out how to eat correctly.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Count calories. Stay under your daily calorie goal. Repeat daily.

There is no magic pill (or shake) for weightloss. Put in the work and you'll get the results you want.

Best of luck! :flowerforyou:
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    If you want drinkable nutrition get some protein powder, blend it up with some fruit and other veg for a delicious smoothie, if thats your thing. Stop paying out the *kitten* for these products. Look at the ingredients- think about where else you can get them from. Shop smart.
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Peach Strawberry Protein Smoothie

1 level scoop (34.5g), 100% Egg Protein Vanilla
    4 fl oz, Orange Juice - Calcium & Vitamin D
    0.50 cup, Frozen Peaches
    0.50 cup, Ready-Cut Sliced Strawberries Frozen Bag
    0.25 cup, Homestyle Vanilla Ice Cream

300 Calories - 30g protein YUM!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Save over $2,000 a year.
    Get a protein powder from walmart and a one a day multivitamin.
    Make the powder with skim milk for added protein, calcium, magnesium, potassium, vit D, etc.
  • mysweetDani
    mysweetDani Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)