Flavored creamer replacement

Options
esn222
esn222 Posts: 24 Member
I'm trying to find an alternative to the flavored creamer I use in my coffee that adds 105 calories to my cup!! I like it like a latte so I use 1/2 c unsweetened almond cashew milk plus a couple tbs of (currently caramel) flavored creamer. I added an oz of half and half and 1/2 tbs of maple syrup today, which sweetened it almost enough and saved me 60 calories. Anyone have any other ideas or suggestions?

Replies

• HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I hear that rice milk is pretty sweet. Maybe give that a go?
  • revolucia78
    revolucia78 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I use silk almond milk creamer vanilla flavor (my local stop and shop carries it) in my coffee or the almond milk creamer from Whole Foods (I forget the name something like califa farms but it comes in a few different flavors like hazelnut, vanilla and some others). Those have been the two best that I have found so far.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    When I brew my coffee I put about a tbs of vanilla in with the grounds (adds about 3 calories a cup). Then I just add my splash 1/8 cup of 2% milk. It does taste a bit like I used the French vanilla creamer but not as sweet.
  • JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    This is gonna sound weird...but I find Lactaid milk tastes sweeter than regular milk. Plus, buying really good coffee beans in a nice smooth roast makes your cup of joe less bitter --> less urge to add sugar.
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I use to think I could never give up creamer I drink black coffee now I slowly weaned myself off of it used less and less until none. Now I add .5 tbps of coconut oil to it. FV creamer now when I try it tastes like acid I split it out.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Gosh, black coffee is sooo good. Why ruin it?
    Often I add skim milk, just for the PROTEIN and a bit of calcium (not for taste).
  • kwohl
    kwohl Posts: 58 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    coconut milk hazelnut creamer....10 calories per tablespoon! I loved my Coffee Mate Hazelnut but it was 35 per tablespoon....try it!
  • esn222
    Options
    Thanks all for the suggestions!
  • miko482
    miko482 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I ran into a similar problem recently as I was trying to cut sugar from my coffee. Based on some recommendations, a couple of drops of vanilla flavoured stevia with some semi-skimmed milk (or milk substitute of your preference) and a tsp of raw/demerara sugar worked for me. (Tasted very vanilla cappuccino-y to me.)

The vanilla extract idea is something I used to do too and it tastes lovely. Or putting a bit of cinnamon in with the ground coffee. =)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I switched from creamer to whey protein.

In terms of calories it's not a big change but in terms of macronutrient intake it is.

Take 1 scoop of whey protein and mix it with skim or almond milk, shake it, then use that as creamer.
  • mikejdeleon85
    mikejdeleon85 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    iexdk6z5dygl.png

all are 0 calories.

where can I find these at
  • summermalenehubbard
    Options
    ^ do tell
  • valskeete
    valskeete Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    iexdk6z5dygl.png

all are 0 calories.

where can I find these at

They sell them at my Publix (grocery store).
    Mini moo creamers 10 cals a creamer (tbsp).

• esn222
    Options
    More good suggestions! Thank you! Today I used a little coconut oil (I know that's killing me calorie-wise, but no sweetener was needed!!) I tried the protein powder I had (vega vanilla protein and greens). I don't like the stuff in smoothies (too sweet and fake tasting) and I didn't like it any better in my coffee - couldn't even make myself drink it. :)
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    After trying a few things I just decided to just have my coffee the way I like it and log the calories.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    These are really low calorie and sugar free syrups they use at starbucks

http://shop.torani.com/Sugar-Free-Syrups/c/Torani@SugarFreeSyrups