Need help eating enough calories.

Options
So I need some help. I weigh 113 right now and have been for the past month or so. I'm trying to get down to about 108-109. I lost weight a while ago with unhealthy strategies like restricting calories and I'm finally back up to eating 800 calories a day but I know that's not enough. Problem is, I'm just not that hungry. How do I eat enough calories and still lose weight? Please add me so I can get help from all of you! Thanks so much

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    a couple spoons full of peanut butter should do the trick.
  • ariellenkov
    ariellenkov Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    How tall are you?

I'm 5ft
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    How tall are you?

I was thinking the same thing. Unless you are under ~5'3'', that weight would most likely be defined as "underweight." I'm not judging or trying to come across as rude. I also know that BMI is a terrible system. However, it is all I have to go off of.

Also, you should be eating *at the very least* 1200 calories, and eating back exercise around 50-75%.
    a couple spoons full of peanut butter should do the trick.

This is always my go-to response.

You can add oil to the foods you are cooking, butter on some toast, increase protein, peanut butter (any nut butter), avocado, etc.. Those are the healthier options. If you really need to get your calories up, and you feel like you have eating you proteins and fats sufficiently, grab a treat.

If you don't get your calories over 800, you are going to be hurting your body. Your muscles will see big impact as well, including that cardiac muscle, as your body tries to get protein from other sources.

Take care of yourself. Fuel yourself.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    If you find it challenging to eat over 800 calories, you really can't afford to lose weight. Maybe find the maintenance calories for the weight you want to be (if, in fact, that weight in a healthy range for you), and eat that whether you like it or not :)
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    We do this with cancer patients because they need the calories to fight the disease but have no appetite because of the medications (talk about a Catch 22!)

Sneak high-calorie foods like nut butter or avocado into things like sauces and shakes
    Add nuts or avocado to everything
    Use full-fat mayo
    Toss pasta with oil before adding sauce
    Dip bread into oil and balsamic vinegar
    Make shakes with full-fat ice cream, bananas and nut butter (it's delicious and full of calories!)
    Eat a healthy, high-calorie snack every 3-4 hours.
    After you're full, eat 3 more large bites
    Use full fat milk and add a few tablespoons of dry milk
    Limit drinks such as diet soda and tea
    Popcorn with butter or olive oil is always good too