Getting back on the wagon

Options
Well.. I was doing well, lost about 2st and then I decided to start going to the gym more.. got a personal trainer and then stopped losing and started gaining (and it was not muscle %) I stopped logging.. Lost motivation and gained back a stone in weight...I have stopped smoking though which is probably a contributing factor..

Need to get motivated again - for all those who have managed to get back on the wagon again - any tips? I am going to start logging again and go from there - should I ease into it or go 'cold turkey'.. I'm still going to go to the gym but I'm binning the trainer - I ended up in so much pain for days it put me off going back.. Sorry rambling now!

Replies

• oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I would just jump back into it rather than easing in. But it really does depend on what works for you. As a fellow ex smoker who quit about 6 months ago, I can empathise if you are snacking more in compensation, but try not to let that become a replacement habit.

Regarding motivation, go back to think about why you initially wanted to lose weight. Write it down, think about it, keep going back to it.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    My advice is log everything. Even if you're cheating. Even if you're not exercising, even if you're "falling off the wagon" - continue to log everything.
  • katydig
    katydig Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Agree with above...log everything. Keeps me motivated
  • proggrl
    proggrl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Logging food and activity is a pain, but its been the only thing thats kept me on track. Just started this week and Im down 1.5 lbs already. Good luck!!! Getting back on it myself!
  • JLove115
    JLove115 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I agree log everything even cheats and I would join a motivation group on Face book.
  • cntrygrl1026
    cntrygrl1026 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking! Not an easy feat!
    Sounds like you could be replacing some cigs for food. This is great community, you are not alone we have your back! The good the bad and the ugly!
    I went on a sugar binge just yesterday. Today's a new day and we are blessed to have it to start a new.
    Good luck
  • kenny278
    kenny278 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice - I've started logging again and while not being 100% good (damn chocolate buttons) it's helping me watch what I eat again... so it's a start..

Have lost 2lbs since I posted a week ago (I weigh in weekly) so that's helping the motivation again!

If anyone wants to share their diary (could really use the meal ideas) please add me as a friend!
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Maybe pull back on the new things you've added into your plan, like you mentioned the trainer maybe pushing things a little too hard. Go back to what was working, re establish the good habits, then slowly reinvent the additional things.