Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New mom! ( 6weeks postpartum)

Hello! I'm a new mommy of a 6 week old. I gained 40 pounds during my pregnancy so I'm trying to shed them now! I am breastfeeding so I have to keep my calorie and nutrition intake up, but I would really like to get back to being lighter and be a fit mommy!

Replies

• kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,264 Member
    Congradulations!!!

And good luck meeting your goals. One day at a time!!
  • kb1927
    kb1927 Posts: 32 Member
    Good luck! My daughter is 2 weeks today, and I've managed to drop 38 of the 40 I gained (I puff up like crazy with fluid during pregnancy), and then it is onto the weight I gained before this pregnancy. I find that I am starving while breastfeeding, but I have a ton more leeway for calories so I'm trying to take advantage of the extra burn (part of my weight gain happened after my toddler weaned and I did not start eating less). Until I'm cleared to exercise (c-section) I'm working on walking as much as I can. What kinds of things are you doing to stay on track? Enjoy that baby!
  • DoubleTheLove
    DoubleTheLove Posts: 42 Member
    Good luck! ( although we know luck has nothing to do with it ;) )
    My twins are soon turning 6 months & I have a 4 year old as well. I don't have any extra weight on from my last pregnancy but definitely need to lose weight. I have 59 lbs to go until "goal". I'll send you a friend request. :)
  • GreenLaura22
    GreenLaura22 Posts: 110 Member
    Hi ladies! I am breastfeeding my 7 month old daughter and am on my way to losing 56 pounds. I could really use the accountability and support of sharing this goal with other Mom's. Please feel free to send a friend request!
  • jsottana
    jsottana Posts: 3 Member
    I have 15lbs to lose that has never left after having my little one 8 months ago. Was 135 and now 150! Need help
  • Watch_Me_Shine416
    Watch_Me_Shine416 Posts: 138 Member
    Hi there! I'm a breastfeeding mom too. I have a 10 month old. Feel free to add me :)