New mom! ( 6weeks postpartum)

Hello! I'm a new mommy of a 6 week old. I gained 40 pounds during my pregnancy so I'm trying to shed them now! I am breastfeeding so I have to keep my calorie and nutrition intake up, but I would really like to get back to being lighter and be a fit mommy!

Replies

• kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,263 Member
    Congradulations!!!

And good luck meeting your goals. One day at a time!!
  • kb1927
    kb1927 Posts: 32 Member
    Good luck! My daughter is 2 weeks today, and I've managed to drop 38 of the 40 I gained (I puff up like crazy with fluid during pregnancy), and then it is onto the weight I gained before this pregnancy. I find that I am starving while breastfeeding, but I have a ton more leeway for calories so I'm trying to take advantage of the extra burn (part of my weight gain happened after my toddler weaned and I did not start eating less). Until I'm cleared to exercise (c-section) I'm working on walking as much as I can. What kinds of things are you doing to stay on track? Enjoy that baby!
  • DoubleTheLove
    DoubleTheLove Posts: 42 Member
    Good luck! ( although we know luck has nothing to do with it ;) )
    My twins are soon turning 6 months & I have a 4 year old as well. I don't have any extra weight on from my last pregnancy but definitely need to lose weight. I have 59 lbs to go until "goal". I'll send you a friend request. :)
  • GreenLaura22
    GreenLaura22 Posts: 110 Member
    Hi ladies! I am breastfeeding my 7 month old daughter and am on my way to losing 56 pounds. I could really use the accountability and support of sharing this goal with other Mom's. Please feel free to send a friend request!
  • jsottana
    jsottana Posts: 3 Member
    I have 15lbs to lose that has never left after having my little one 8 months ago. Was 135 and now 150! Need help
  • Watch_Me_Shine416
    Watch_Me_Shine416 Posts: 138 Member
    Hi there! I'm a breastfeeding mom too. I have a 10 month old. Feel free to add me :)