Looking for some sympathy

Options
tiny_clanger
tiny_clanger Posts: 301 Member
edited March 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm feeling sorry for myself. I went flying over a wonky paving slab yesterday 8.5K into my training run. Two very sore knees and somehow I managed to land awkwardly on my GPS and have bruised a rib and strained my shoulder, so I'm feeling super-sorry for myself today. Sitting hurts, standing hurts, breathing hurts and I generally feel rubbish :(

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Aw that does really suck!! You have my sympathy for sure!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    ouchy!

hot bath and some ice cream.
  • abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Oh that sucks big time. You have my sympathy ... Painkillers, rest and some tlc is my prescription. Wish you well.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    their are two types of runners: injured, and recovering. lol

you'll get no sympathy from me, as it's part of being an athlete. i'm currently nursing a shoulder that was separated, and i'm completely sidelined in the middle of my race-prep season. previous years have seen me with sprained ankles, achilles tendinitis, and various others bumps and bruises. hell, i once fell off my bike during a race, finished the bike leg, went to the medical tent to get bandaged up before the run, and still managed to get 2nd place in my division.

HTFU and before you know it you'll be back at it.
  • abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    their are two types of runners: injured, and recovering. lol

you'll get no sympathy from me, as it's part of being an athlete. i'm currently nursing a shoulder that was separated, and i'm completely sidelined in the middle of my race-prep season. previous years have seen me with sprained ankles, achilles tendinitis, and various others bumps and bruises. hell, i once fell off my bike during a race, finished the bike leg, went to the medical tent to get bandaged up before the run, and still managed to get 2nd place in my division.

HTFU and before you know it you'll be back at it.

LOL wow that´s harsh.... ;-) You know sometimes all you need is a little sympathy ;-)))
    PS: good for you, that you compleeted what you set out to do...

• TheLittleRedHairedGirl
    Options
    Gentle hugs from me. Ice what you can, if there's swelling. Try soaking in a nice hot bath with Epsom Salt and some rosemary essential oil. Hope you recover quickly!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Sympathy pains from me. Heat, ice, and kindness.
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling sorry for myself. I went flying over a wonky paving slab yesterday 8.5K into my training run. Two very sore knees and somehow I managed to land awkwardly on my GPS and have bruised a rib and strained my shoulder, so I'm feeling super-sorry for myself today. Sitting hurts, standing hurts, breathing hurts and I generally feel rubbish :(

that really sucks!! poor you, you have my sympathy :( take care!