Not losing any weight

Options
To start of I lost 10 lbs I've gone over my daily allowance of 1200 a few times but still says if I eat like this for 5 wks il be... lower that what I am at the mo anyway!! Starting to give up help!!

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    dc48mo62qd3u.jpg
    1.jpg 135.4K
  • acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    what they said ^^^
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm confused. Your post title says you've not lost any weight. Your post says you've lost 10 pounds. And you're unhappy because the app says that in 5 weeks you will weigh less than you do now? Is it a matter of you thought you did something wrong by eating more than 1200 calories?

1200 calories is your goal to eat based on your stats (height, weight, etc.) and how quickly you want to lose. Like if you said 2 pounds, 1. 5 pounds per week for example. If you eat over 1200 but still beneath what your body needs to maintain, you will lose weight but at a slower pace.

Example: Lets say Jane Doe's maintenance calories is 2100 per day. Meaning if Jane eats 2100 per day on average, Jane will not gain and will not lose weight over time.

Jane tells MFP she wants to lose 1.5 pounds per week, and MFP tells Jane to eat 2100-750 = 1350 per day.

Jane logs 1350 today, and the app says in 5 weeks Jane will have lost 7.5 pounds.

Tomorrow Jane eats 1850. This is still under 2100, so Jane still has a deficit though its smaller. Tomorrow the app will tell Jane that if everyday were like today, in 5 weeks Jane will have lost 2.5 pounds.

If Jane logs 2350 calories, the app will tell Jane that in 5 weeks she will have gained 2.5 pounds.

Eat below your maintenance level and you will lose weight over time. The keys to this process is patience, accuracy and honesty.
  • Rebek_h
    Rebek_h Posts: 19 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Do you eat breakfast? I have found that just skipping breakfast and having my cals through a meal at lunch and a meal at supper with a few apples as snacks to work wonders. And I rarely feel hungry at all which isn't like me! X