I need help losing from a specific area

Options
I have lost 3 pounds so of course im not looking for any dramatic results yet i was just wondering where this weight is coming from because my legs are my fatest area and i really want fat to come from there so how long til i see results in my klegs? (i dont want to excersise them because theyll get bigger and mucsley [i tried])

Replies

• LizzieBee17
    LizzieBee17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You can't tell your body where to lose weight. It's genetics.
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Your body determines where you lose the fat from. You can do squats and lunges this will tone your legs and muscle does look better than fat.
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it but you can't spot reduce fat. Cardio is how you burn fat and your body will lose it from wherever it wants :P
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Generally, your fattest part is your fattest part because that's where your genes have told your body to store it. That means it'll probably be the last place to thin out. Don't be to picky, just lose the weight and let those things take care of themselves.

And yes, working a specific area with weights or any other muscle specific work won't make it lose fat or get smaller.
  • natekorpusik
    natekorpusik Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say but you can't "spot lose" weight. And on the contrary I would work out your legs. More muscle means more fat loss. Muscle is also more dense and therefore smaller than fat. And if you have more muscle you will burn more fat at rest and since your legs are the biggest muscles in your body, then the more muscular they are, the more fat you will burn. Good luck.
  • Carek99
    Carek99 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Your blood pulls the fat as it is needed, unfortunately, the easiest places for you body to pick up fat and the easiest places for it to deposit fat are never the same places. This means that people tend to gain weight easily in specific areas, but lose it slowly in those same areas.

The ultimate answer is just time and patience.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Exercising your legs and working them out won't make them bigger. It will make them slimmer and more toned. Unless you are dong some serious weight training to build a lot of muscle in your legs, they will not become big and bulky. Keep doing cardio to reduce fat from the entire body. Your legs will eventually slim down.
  • slyman794
    slyman794 Posts: 7
    Options
    I found I lost a lot of weight from my legs by cutting out carbs
  • ajtitong
    ajtitong Posts: 1
    Options
    I spoke to a trainer this week about losing weight in a particular area. Like what everyone has shared you can't really pick where to lose weight. However the trainer did share with me that depending where you started gaining weight first in your life, that is the area where you lose the weight last. For example if i gained fat in my stomach first growing up, that's the last part that will lose weight if you are working out and eating right. Hope that makes sense!