Dehydration affecting weight?

Options
TaraTall
TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
Does dehydration affect your weight?

I know that one of the first rules of healthy is "water, water, water" and on a day to day basis, I am a very hydrated gal. However, the last couple days I've indulged (perhaps a little too much) on wine, resulting in being dehydrated the next morning. However, when I weigh myself in the morning, I have been LOWER than the days I don't drink.

Is this normal? Or could my body just finally be responding to the CICO and exercise that I"ve been working so hard on the last while?

Replies

• kwohl
    kwohl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This happens to me as well! I'mnot sure why though.
  • stmokomoko
    stmokomoko Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Water weight is down because you're dehydrated.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The body constantly fluctuates with water for many factors, hormones, sodium, allergies, food allergies, DOMS, and of course water intake. Among those factors water intake helps flush water and keep it flowing, being dehydrated can make you hold water during certain phases of being dehydrated and also make you weigh less during certain phases (well yes, of course if there is less water in your body the body weight is less). But also your liver alone can fluctuate several pounds on any given day just doing it's job. It's not always so simple although many of us can see certain patterns like this. Other times it's a mystery and it does the opposite because of all these factors and functions in the body.
  • revolucia78
    revolucia78 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I don't know the scientific answer to that question but I know if I've had a lot to drink and that was all I drank the night before, I usually feel a lot lighter the next day and after I recover I usually feel back to normal... but if you have been logging accurately and working hard then it could also be that.