Anyone else in a food rut??

Options
cheffie12
cheffie12 Posts: 30 Member
I haven't been eating very well lately because I have gotten bored eating the same things and it makes me not really hungry.. What are some of the best resources to find quick, healthy recipes?

Replies

• fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Pinterest has a million of them.
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    head to the library and check out the cookbooks:)
  • stmokomoko
    stmokomoko Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am.

But I see the positive side of it.

For most of my life I've been the "live to eat" type - marking hours in the day by how many hours to the next meal and what I would like to eat. Being bored with what I'm eating helps me to stop making food and eating the focus of my days.

It also stops me from going over my calorie limits if food is boring . :D
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    All the time. Can't even think of anything I'd like to eat (except desserts). I can go through dozens of recipes and save some for later but do I feel like having this soon? Nah. Same when dining out... Nothing ever appeals to me (or I don't care for it enough to blow 900 calories on it) so I end up with boring grilled protein and veggies.

Total suckage... It typically means that even if my meals are tasty (and they have been), they're not as satisfying, and that's when I'm more likely to go for the cookies and binge.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    budgetbytes.com is another good one, we've got a couple family faves from her.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Never...There is always something else to explore and try...even better if you live somewhere that has a diverse population. Yesterday found another great Supermarket that caters to Asian and Indian. It was a field day. Best looking snow pea shoots I have seen in a while, white and red dragon fruit, really nice sour sop and Longan, picked up some Luffa for the weekend. Also bought all the ingredients for making some Balinese spice pastes....
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    If you're bored with your food plan, change it. You can get your macros and micros with an infinite variety and meet your calorie goals.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Nope. In 2015 I made a resolution not to reuse any recipes for lunch or dinner. I meal prep and cook food for the whole week, so I made 104 different recipes that I pulled mostly from Pinterest. It kept me from getting bored. I haven't exactly continued that for this year because I just really liked some of those recipes and wanted to reuse them, but I have enough in my arsenal that I don't get bored. :)
  • solidLiLi
    solidLiLi Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Thanks for posting these - I'm always looking for new ideas, and found a few promising ones just with a quick peek!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i've been using recipes from budgetbytes.com for a while.
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I always try to include something I really enjoy in everything I eat, even it's only a small bit. It can make a healthy if boring-ish meal something to look forward to.
  • Tyler2020Mike
    Tyler2020Mike Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Usually I take my time to research the healthy foods I enjoy, and experiment. I was surprised to find out what was healthy in small doses.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Watch cooking shows. I get lots of ideas there. I don't cook from recipes but I get lots of ideas for food parings and cooking techniques from watching professionals cook. That, plus all the stuff I learned at home, keeps me from ever getting bored with my meals.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Cooking Classes!! My wife always buys me cooking classes/sessions when we travel...of course she benefits :smile: The best were probably in Shanghai, Yangshuo and Bali.
  • PoisonDartFrog
    PoisonDartFrog Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Cooking Light Annual Recipes cookbooks...My go to...I have every issue since 1997 and choose one a week and plan my meals..
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    I get bored with what I make and find most new recipes unappealing

Like why make a beef stew when I can buy a can of way cheaper?
  • Ericaj573
    Ericaj573 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    In a way I'm guilty of eating the same repetitive things every day. For the last 18 months I've been saving for emigration so I've worked 7 days a week, which doesn't leave much room for food prep or imagination with lunches. Bread and soup is free at our canteen, so I usually have that most days.
    On the plus side though, my tight budget means that I've been shopping in the discount section of the supermarket every couple of evenings, which has resulted in me trying things I would never normally choose, which has helped expand my palate. Things like ox tongue, ethnic foods, flavoured cheeses, pickled preserves random veggies and tinned pulses are a few of my discount faves! They're all delicious and good for you, plus you feel great for getting them for next to nothing :smile: