Cream Cheese Substitute?

Options
Sometimes I like to eat half of a bagel with some cream cheese. The thing is cream cheese has so many calories in one serving, even if it's lite or fat free. Is there another brand or another type of soft cheese that would be good for me to try?

Replies

• mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    How about the laughing cow light cheese?
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    How about the laughing cow light cheese?

Yes. This. YUMMY!
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Galaxy non-dairy Cream Cheese is an amazing alternative...tastes just like the "real" stuff!
  • Cherinoel772
    Options
    What about whipped cream cheese, its 70 calories for 2 tbs. i eat a half a bagel with one tbs. :)
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    One slice of light laughing cow cheese is 35 cals. It covers an entire bagel! Both halves! And it comes in several flavors- garlic, swiss, tomato basil, blue cheese, etc.
  • Stagezz
    Stagezz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE Laughing Cow!!!

YUMMY
  • adellepuppy
    adellepuppy Posts: 130
    Options
    Yep. Laughing Cow rocks. The Lite version has a nice variety of flavors too.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Someone on here earlier today said if you put Greek yogurt on a cheese cloth for 2 day in the fridge it becomes cream cheese. That would definitely be the least cals but if you like cheese (I'm a cheese-hater) just go for laughing-cow light for convenience.
  • bonnymom
    bonnymom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with Laughing Cow Light Cheese! It's awesome on a bagel!!
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I buy fat free or nufchatel (I have no idea how to spell this, lol) cream cheese. Works for me :)
  • blowtotheskull
    Options
    Try looking for Quark. Low cal, decent protein etc. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark_(cheese)

Might be harder to find in the US though.
  • caitbeazy
    caitbeazy Posts: 3
    Options
    agreed with the laughing cow!!!! i eat one thomas' bagel thin (110 calorie bagel) with 2 laughing cow swiss cheese wedges (70 calories for 2) every morning for breakfast with half a grapefruit and a cup of coffee. its the best! :)
  • kdudz
    kdudz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Friendship 1% Whipped Cottage Cheese. 90 cals for 1/2 cup and 16 grams of protein.
  • zombierockstar69
    Options
    Sounds like most of you like Laughing Cow cheese - I hate to say it but I've never tried this before even though I've seen tons of commercials about it. I'll get some next time I go shopping. THANK YOU