Want to keep motivated

Options
Trying to keep motivated. Started the beginning of the year but just joined here a week ago. Lost 11lbs so far. Looking to get some inspiration and help others as well.

Replies

• Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Keep it up Brother! I felt my first real improvements at 20 pounds down...... I started doing some new activities to keep me motivated. joined the YMCA and started some classes. I will help in any way I can.
    Rob
  • lionlover6659
    lionlover6659 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I go to the gym so that helps. Some nights it's tough getting there. Working 12 hours a day and then the gym is not easy. Did you weight train along with cardio?
  • Guns63
    Guns63 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Staying motivated can be hard. I've lost 57lbs so far and lately it seems I'm not as motivated as I was. Got to keep at it if I want to lose the other 40lbs. Feel free to add me and I'll help in any way.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    The main thing about fat loss is keeping your cals under your calorie expenditure. A lot of people think its about the gym and cardio and weights. Weight lifting and cardio don't burn fat unless you are at a calorie deficit.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Muscles can't grow unless you are at a calorie surplus.
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Having supportive friends, both on and offline, having goals (not just weight loss, but fitness like "being able to do a chin up" or things like that) and being able to forgive myself for going over or having bad days have been paramount in my life. Sometimes I just need a day off and I accept that, but I also don't let it turn into a cycle of feeling sorry for myself and regressing. Also, celebrate the milestones! I used to think it wasn't good to brag but sometimes I'd do something and it would just feel good to shout "HOLY CRAP I JUST DID A PULLUP!"

Anyone reading this, feel free to add me if you like.
  • mankars
    mankars Posts: 115 Member
    Options

Trying to keep motivated. Started the beginning of the year but just joined here a week ago. Lost 11lbs so far. Looking to get some inspiration and help others as well.

Thanks. I go to the gym so that helps. Some nights it's tough getting there. Working 12 hours a day and then the gym is not easy. Did you weight train along with cardio?

On your above two quotes...
    All I can say is to hang in there... think weight reduction as a life-style rather than a chore.

Here's what I do to keep myself motivated.....
    1.) Keep a daily log of what I eat & exercise in MFP.... daily, no excuses.
    2.) Take each day as an 'opportunity' to start anew... so, even if I ate too much or didn't exercise, I take the next day to reset myself back on track.

Please add me if you wish, we all are here to help ourselves and each other out..... all the best!!
  • lionlover6659
    lionlover6659 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your suggestions. I appreciate it.