First week coming to an end and looking for a support network! :)

Options
hi!

I am finishing my first week of calorie counting and losing weight. So far I am killing it! I just need to not get side tracked or fall off the wagon. I am set to 1.5lb weight loss and somehow I have managed to lose 4lbs my first week! Apparently not eating crap all the time really changes things..

I am the mom of a 2 year old and he definitely eats healthier than me, I got into the habit of quick convenient meals when he started walking and I just started packing on the pounds. Not being able to fit into any of my summer clothes was the last straw for me. I have 15lbs to lose. I want to get healthier so I can have a second child and I am not willing to eat poorly while pregnant so it is time to change my lifestyle :)

I am looking for any friends also on the weight loss journey that want to share support and motivation! So far so good but the accountability helps a lot!

Replies

• Solicec9
    Solicec9 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good Job keep it up!!! Celebrate small victories :smile:
  • shawnaleigh210
    shawnaleigh210 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. The more friends we have to encourage us and motivate us, the better! And great job! What an awesome start! :)
  • Mangsney
    Mangsney Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hello, thanks for adding me back! Looking forward to getting to know you better :)

You're doing great, keep up the good work, but keep in mind that the rate at which you lose is going to slow down. I'm not being negative at all, I've done it (a few times), and that's just what happens, so don't get discouraged. 1-2 lbs a week is a realistic goal, even if I haven't been able to stick with it for quite some time now :D I'm sure you'll do great and lose those 15 lbs in no time!
  • kennyb510
    kennyb510 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good job I found keeping a food log helps me make good choices...
  • Harleyford10
    Harleyford10 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you would like
  • Scott7609
    Scott7609 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hello!! Add me if you like
  • kiarafruitloops
    kiarafruitloops Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job, I will definitely support you! Go mother go!
  • michelles709
    michelles709 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm just starting out and looking for support as well.
  • rastabro4
    rastabro4 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You got this! and you have a whole community to look to for support!
  • cathed42
    cathed42 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I can't find how to add people!
  • Miss_sapphire11
    Miss_sapphire11 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good start. Some of my key learnings have been, don't beat yourself up too bad if you fall off the wagon once or twice, just get right back on it again. Also, congrats on the first week weight loss. On the flip side, and eventually there will be a flip side, don't get overly discouraged if you have a week of great dieting and don't lose any pounds that week. It happens, and as long as you keep going the weight will come off.
  • Miss_sapphire11
    Miss_sapphire11 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do have a tendency to get discouraged when weight stalls. I tried to head it off this time by having my fiancé hide my scale last night lol now I can't weigh myself for a few days, if I even see a tenth of a pound in the next few days off I'll be happy. I know it won't keep going at this speed and I am not looking forward to when it stops or goes backward but I am going to give it my all!
  • Msanitag
    Msanitag Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello! Nice to meet you and congrats on starting. I'm Anita, I am working to lose body fat and have been off and on for 3 years. My goal is to get to 15%. I love working out and I also meal prep. Add me if you like! :) we can encourage each other
    Great job on the first week... get it girrrrl
  • jd_racer
    jd_racer Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great job on your first week! Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • dragonfire12601
    dragonfire12601 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Anyone can add me for motivation and support