Help! Im ill!

Options
Okay so im 19 days in and im doing really well, but i have such a bad cold/virus. Coughing and spluttering and my heads pounding/congested. Im trying to be good but a huge part of me wants to feast on buiscits and chocolate! Whats worse is i have been off work today and yesterday and probably tomorrow so I'm not even walking 5/6 miles a day for exercise (im a postman). Help!

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Happens to us all. Why would you feast on biscuits and chocolate? Make yourself some chicken soup and toast, and go to bed. Take care of yourself, things will be back to normal soon.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Start adding garlic and ginger to everything... That will speed things up. Also fisherman's friend... Best darn throat drops ever... Helps clear up congestion too.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    It's called a bump in the road. Have some chicken soup and cuddle up with a good book.
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Tea with lemon and no-cal sweetener. Works for me!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I would enjoy the biscuits and chocolate and would just eat at maintenance.

Focus on relaxing, taking care of yourself, and getting better!

Hope you feel better soon!
  • alyjb1121
    alyjb1121 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    don't worry about being good while trying to get better; but use those splurge cals on orange juice, and things high in vitamins to help boost your immune system! ;) feel better!
  • marty_smith
    marty_smith Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I had an apple as a snack trying to resist the urge to eat my favourite butter short bread buiscits but i ended up caving in and had 4 of them! :o However, i ate half the amount i was gonna have for my dinner so saved myself there. I wasn't that hungry anyway, haha.
  • dinoraflores
    dinoraflores Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Okay so im 19 days in and im doing really well, but i have such a bad cold/virus. Coughing and spluttering and my heads pounding/congested. Im trying to be good but a huge part of me wants to feast on buiscits and chocolate! Whats worse is i have been off work today and yesterday and probably tomorrow so I'm not even walking 5/6 miles a day for exercise (im a postman). Help!

You need to see some good music videos. That usually works for me.