Eating disorder

Options
Hi all,
I am a sufferer of anorexia and couldn't seem to find any discussions on this topic. I am desperately trying to put weight on as my weight is at a dangerously low. Any advice would be great, thanks

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Are you seeing a therapist?
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Mani30032, we have a kind of unwritten rule here that when an eating disordered person posts here, we gently guide them to professional help, and try not to advise. We can easily do more harm than good.

Jokes and japes in the fun chit chat forums perhaps?
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    OP of your weight is dangerously low you might need to get professionally "refed" by a physician. Go see a doctor.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Mani30032, we have a kind of unwritten rule here that when an eating disordered person posts here, we gently guide them to professional help, and try not to advise. We can easily do more harm than good.

Jokes and japes in the fun chit chat forums perhaps?
    hekla90 wrote: »
    OP of your weight is dangerously low you might need to get professionally "refed" by a physician. Go see a doctor.

this

please get professional help
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    from personal experience, recovery is best and essential with treatment. if you are in the US, NEDA has a screening tool and also a hotline that can help provide info on treatment options wherever you live. best of luck!
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    I suggest making green smoothies with Whey Isolate (NOW Sports Natural Unflavored Whey Isolate & ORAC Energy green powder. Add liquid Coconut Oil, or MCT Oil to bring up the calories). This give you your protein, and calories. Drink one for every meal. You won't feel like you are eating anything, yet your body gets everything it needs. :)
  • barkercraig617
    barkercraig617 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Dear friend I can empathize with your struggles and I don't have a problem talking and sharing and helping you through them if you care to send me a note or friend me I can share many stories that might help you understand and make a change in your life as it has changed my life you are not alone on this journey unless you choose to do it alone. of which I could encourage you not to do. it only sends a person on a further downward spiral.

Yes I understand that it is an obsession and that our minds have been trained in this way for many years it does take some work to change these thoughts. challenge them and make a difference it truly will come through exercise and in nutrition, and I say it in that order for a reason because the obbssesion is the hardest struggle through anorexia but once I made the choice to exercise. nutrition could only follow and once you see the change in your body and find something new to obsess over and in a healthier way it can help and it does help. yes replacing the negative thought for the good thoughts.

Again please friend me or ask some questions and I'll share a life story recovery and ways thar can make a difference. support is the number one thing that a person needs to know they're not alone and that they are understood and no you're not crazy. Everyone has their own struggles of which many will never admit you already finish yours admitted at challenging it making it real asking for help that is the hardest part of what you have already accomplished.