Toning exercises

Twylla
Twylla Posts: 51
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
Alright so I've started losing some weight but my big issue is toning. I am a new mom of my son who is 8 months old so obviously my stomach is lacking some firmness as well as my back and upper thighs. My arms are ok from lifting and carrying my son so often. Does anyone have any exercise/websites anything that they've seen results with that they would like to share? Preferably something I can do at home as I can not afford to go to the gym nor do I have the time to make an extra trip into the city to work out. Thanks and if you have any hints to help feel free to add me as a friend but send a message to go with it please!

Replies

• staceyo1211
    staceyo1211 Posts: 163
    Bump
  • Hi,

I am also trying to lose my baby weight (still), my youngest is 18 months old.

I try to do a mixture of 50 sit up/abdominal crunches a day. Another good exercise is bringing your leg up to your and then kicking it out (like the can can). Everytime you bring your leg up, breath in to pull your tummy muscles in.

Hope this helps :happy:
  • Buddie616
    Buddie616 Posts: 167 Member
    Jillian Michaels (anything)
    30 day shred
    Ripped in 30
    6 week 6 pack

She has several more

Really anything by her works for toning.... You just have to stick to it. WalMart has them 9.96!
  • Hello Twylla, try going on Bodybuilding.com it has awesome workout tips for women, diet tips and all that good stuff.. I use that as reference when im looking for a different workout routine, and if i want any supplements too.. But overall i use MFP as my diet regulator. so if u use both website (both have phone apps too!) it's gunna do u a lot of help plus it can educate u more on workouts and supplements. :) Hope this helps! Stay Strong!
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Jillian Michaels (anything)
    30 day shred
    Ripped in 30
    6 week 6 pack

She has several more

Really anything by her works for toning.... You just have to stick to it. WalMart has them 9.96!
    Agreed :)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    squats, lunges, leg lifts would all work those butt/thighs

variations of crunches would work the tummy as well as planks.

Are you getting your cardio? If not all you're doing is creating muscle under fat which won't give you results, so get that heart rate up while you're at it.
  • Twylla
    Twylla Posts: 51
    thank you all! I'm currently doing the 30 day shred level 2 but feel like i'm missing something
  • Allersfera
    Allersfera Posts: 32
    You can check for "POP PILATES WORKOUT" on youtube, they are awesome !
This discussion has been closed.