Macros

Options
Hi all !!
I started using this app a few weeks ago and it's really helping me . I'm confused about the setting up of the macros . Right now I'm at 1720 cal a day at every start of the day , when I run I add around 550
Cal to it . What's the best way to set up the macros ? I want to gain muscle a bit but not loose weight.
Thanks !

Replies

• Jecka987
    Jecka987 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi there, welcome - my macros are set at 40% carbs / 30% Protein / 30% Fat. This is a pretty good rule of thumb for most people to gain muscle, for satiety etc.
  • marianaloro24
    marianaloro24 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ok great ! I've been looking all over and I've found different approaches... Thanks so much !
  • Jbell0213
    Jbell0213 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    What would you guys say is a good # to hit for sugar and fiber for the day. I'm also at 40% carb, 30% protein, and 30% fat. I'm at 1760 calories a day, but tend to blow my sodium alot. Any suggestions.
  • marianaloro24
    Options
    I have my fiber at 27 and sugars at 80 , I didn't set it I think it was automatic , I never hit the sugar but I always go over the fiber a little bit . I don't know what are good goals for those .
  • Jbell0213
    Jbell0213 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I was wonder this too. Im curious for any good responses as I've only focused on the other macros.
  • marianaloro24
    Options
    Yes I have no idea . I going through the forums right now looking for answers :)
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Yes I have no idea . I going through the forums right now looking for answers :)

There is no one single answer, you could ask 20 users and they will all tell you different levels of macros. I started on 50,30,20 but after so time I began to adjust them myself until i found what worked for me. I'm currently on 45carb/25fat/30protein, for now it meets my fitness targets.
  • marianaloro24
    Options
    You are right everybody has a different answer ! But it's good because it gives me an idea of how to calculate it to get close to what I need . Thanks so much !!