Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

A quick refresher on a calorie is a calorie ....

Options

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Soma types don't matter when it comes diets
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Numerio wrote: »
    Sugar is the biggest enemy to weight loss! Even more than trans-fats, saturated fats, or even a calorie surplus! So: conquer sugar, and you'll very soon conquer every other diet or nutrition problem!

:o
    [Puts down spoon and pushes away ice cream, patiently awaits evidence to support said claim]
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    Sugar is the biggest enemy to weight loss! Even more than trans-fats, saturated fats, or even a calorie surplus! So: conquer sugar, and you'll very soon conquer every other diet or nutrition problem!

I eat sugar everyday

Me too!

I eat sugar until I'm so carb addled that I can't remember how much I had. That's probably why it is the enemy - it will make me forget to log.

Though serious hat - trans fats affect health via cholesterol, but I'm unaware of them affecting weight loss negatively.
    Indeed, I believe conjugated linoleic acid is trans, and once looked promising for body composition but hasn't panned out in humans.
  • Numerio
    Numerio Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah? Try eating 70 grams of sugar a day, and keep under calorie for a month, and we'll see how your weight and health are after!
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah? Try eating 70 grams of sugar a day, and keep under calorie for a month, and we'll see how your weight and health are after!
    I'm assuming you mean added sugar and not including natural sugars?

• queenliz99
    Options

I have and it has not stopped me. Lost my weight and my blood test numbers are perfect.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

50-100 everyday for years. Anymore
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Just fished up my delicious bowl of ice cream topped with crumbled thin mints!! (Only because I'm out of Oreos)
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Just fished up my delicious bowl of ice cream topped with crumbled thin mints!! (Only because I'm out of Oreos)

Sad face
  • Numerio
    Numerio Posts: 29 Member
    Options

Of course! Natural sugars from fruit, etc, though it still counts towards your daily total, are much better than added sugars!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Wat?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

You're obviously in horrible health and have put on far too much weight. If you want to stop trying to kill yourself each and every day, you should cut back on the sugar...
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

You're obviously in horrible health and have put on far too much weight. If you want to stop trying to kill yourself each and every day, you should cut back on the sugar...

I need an intervention to cure my addiction to sugar and arguing against derp and woo
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Done:
    jh8xk2l4gzen.jpg
    Doing pretty good.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

Please provide some peer-reviewed research indicating how eating sugar will keep you from losing weight while in a caloric deficit. Because that would defy the laws of energy balance.

I'm guessing that if a link is provided, it will be some junk science blog from a crackpot like Mercola or Taubes, both of who have been thoroughly and repeatedly exposed as quacks, and their pseudoscience debunked.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

i eat sugar every day and have no problem losing weight ..

and this thread is not about sugar, so please just stop with the fear mongering...
  • ndj1979
    Options

I do this every day and have no issues…

• ndj1979
    Options

there is no difference between the two ...
This discussion has been closed.