Food Scales?

Options
uoflgirl89
uoflgirl89 Posts: 26 Member
Hi, I hear that food scales are the way to go for measuring. So does anyone have any reccomendations for a good, reasonably priced scale?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Walmart, Target, and Amazon all have some for under $20
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    biggest loser scale from walmart. been a great choice for me. Digital and ounces or grams.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I love my Ozeri scale, you can find them on Amazon. Mines the $20 flat one, but there is a cheaper model that's highly rated on Amazon and around $13
    Mines the one at the bottom, but you can see the 2 cheaper models are also highly rated
    evbmgfxtjioa.png
  • alb8ros
    alb8ros Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I got a really crappy one for $4.95 at WM. Flimsy, but works okay, for under 2 lbs. If I can commit to this, I'll get a better one.
  • Spear1321
    Spear1321 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've had the ozeri Pronto that is $12 on amazon for about a week now and I absolutely love it.

It's seriously a game changer. Now I can actually tell how many calories are in my sandwich or I can properly measure a serving of pasta. I use it multiple times a day for nearly every meal.
  • momo_t90
    momo_t90 Posts: 288 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I just bought a Taylor 11lb Glass Platform Digital Food Scale from Target. It had a ton of good reviews and the very few bad ones it had was about error signs and it giving out in a year. It's $26 and a 2-year protection plan would be another $5. I tested it out this afternoon and it works just fine, and if it gives out in a year then the protection plan will cover it and I'll get a new one.

Taylor is a very reliable brand with accurate readings as far as scales go, and I'm guaranteed to have a working scale for 2 years at least. I think that's worth the $31.