Mom of one with lots of weight to lose

Options
I'm 25 and have struggled with weight and good my whole life. I've always been the day girl. I'm at a point in life I need to get serious about my lifestyle and weight before I start getting the health problems that run in my family. I've always said food and I don't have a good relationship. I eat my emotions. I just eat to eat even when I'm not hungry. I have no self control. So a week ago I had enough and decided to start making changes.

I started with soda. Been free of it since Monday. Trying to make better choices. Decided to count my little victories do I don't get discouraged. No pop! Didn't buy it eat a cookie all day at work. No chips in a day. The little things count to me. I always remember that if I slip up with one meal I can still get back on track with my next.

I started doing work out videos I find on YouTube and become more active while working. For instance when I walk where customers can't see I do high knees and stuff like that.

Just need some support on days in feeling unmotivated. Advice on ways to loose weight. No judgement or anything.

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Hello there ! It sounds like you have the right attitude! Best of luck !!
  • Watch_Me_Shine416
    Watch_Me_Shine416 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi! We sound a lot alike, I'm a new mom, 26 years old with a 10 month old and still breastfeeding. I have about 100 lbs to lose and I need to get healthy now! Goodluck to you and feel free to add me if you'd like
  • MelanieDawn_80
    MelanieDawn_80 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say I'll send you a friend request - you're on the right track! There is hope, I'm a 100 lbs down and 45 more to go. Love supporting others on their journey, anyone can feel free to add me also! 3txbsos5basw.jpeg
  • DanSTL82
    DanSTL82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Do you have the MyFitnessPal app? You should really be tracking your calories every day. That's the only way to lose weight. It's great that you cut soda out and stopped snacking as much on cookies and chips, but if you're still going over your daily recommended calories, you'll still be gaining weight.

As far as eating your emotions goes, I'm guessing that when you do that, it's usually fatty snack foods like chips and cookies and ice cream and pizza, etc. It really helps to just not have that stuff in the house. Get it once a week to splurge and keep yourself sane, but those things should not be in your house every day. We aren't supposed to be eating that stuff. Healthy food, which doesn't taste as good as junk food, is what we are supposed to be eating. The human body was never meant to be ingesting sugar and carbs all day, even if we really like doing that. Keeping that stuff out of the house, and sticking to just having lean meats, veggies, nuts, greek yogurt, whole grain bread and bran cereal in the house, will be a good start to eating healthier in general. You can't grab for the bag of Doritos just because you're bored, when there are no Doritos there.
  • Doin_it_4me920
    Doin_it_4me920 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! Great advice! :)
  • MRSLJ1975
    MRSLJ1975 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • mel8505
    mel8505 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi how do you add friends on here ? xx