Newbie here!! 3 days and I wanted to post to be accountable

Options
Hello MVP'ers

My name is Elena and as of last week; I'm officially "overweight." By my standards I have been overweight for about 2 years, however, now according to the calculations and weight charts; I'm officially overweight. Sooooo..I'm 44 and I'm so exhausted of stuffing my face with bad food, feeling bad about myself and buying bigger and bigger clothes. I would look at myself in the mirror and think I look awful; and somehow eating will make it better...instead of stopping the insanity. Then it hit me....if I keep eating this will get worse, if I correct my eating habits and workout I have a chance at this thing.

I have been active and athletic in many periods of my life. I will get soooo into it and then; it's like a I hit this wall and I stop. This time I have been stalled for way to long!! Today I want to NOT stop and move through whatever it is that sabotages my momentum.

I thought by writitng and building a profile it will help me to be accountable and perhaps I will meet some friends along the way to share our journey! I have to say doing this posting thing is huge for me....I don't even have facebook...:wink:

All the best in life, Elena

Replies

• dswizzles
    dswizzles Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right site!! This site has motivated me more than any other site I have ever been to!! Feel free to friend me :) Good luck with your progress!
  • carolinedb
    carolinedb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Good luck! This website has been a fantastic source of motivation and accountability for me!
  • fooligan
    fooligan Posts: 14
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! 1st step is recognizing accountability. Feel free to add me as a friend
  • kimdoes
    kimdoes Posts: 90
    Options
    Welcome to the site... and welcome to my world! Sure, I knew I was a big girl, but when my Dr described me as not just overweight, but obese, I choked a little. I've noticed this site makes you hold yourself accountable for anything that you stick between your teeth. It also makes you think twice about making poor decisions for snacks and meals. It helped me out several months ago, but then like you, I hit a wall and quit. Funny how when you're doing so well with something, you think "oh I got this..." and quit what's actually helping. So I'm back. I wish the best of luck to you!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Good for you for gettting here before your weight got out of control. I wish I had done that. You will love the site and the support you get from friends. Good luck to you!:drinker:
  • eddienosbod
    Options
    Nice you! You seem determined and I've seen real evidence that this application works. I've noticed that weight isn't everything - I'm overweight for my height but I exercise quite a lot and I'm confident that the muscle contributes to that too. You mentioned athletic periods in your life... if it was there then you'll get that back too. I grew up a little shy of exercise but now I do a martial art and it gives me an independent reason to keep at it. I also started going to bodycombat classes. I hear Zumba is good but I haven't tried that. Are you with a gym? Anyway, I'm here, I've been on this for about a month I think and lost 3k.

Keep your momentum :) I'm happy to be friends if you like too.

Oh yes, the most important thing I discovered was about eating enough when exercise steps up. I didn't fully appreciate how many more calories can be consumed, actually need to be consumed!

Hope to hear again,
    Liz