Weighing in with clothing?

Options
I use the scale at work as I believe it is the most accurate out of all the ones I have available. I of course must be clothed while weighing myself... How many pounds do you take off on average to account for your clothing? I do always take my shoes off as the always weigh 1-2pounds...
I usually wear jeans and a t-shirt to work and while weighing myself.

Replies

• maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I don't bother. I even wear my shoes at my weigh-ins! The way I figure it, as long as I do the same thing every week, the results will show.
  • RaurieLeigh
    Options
    Going by the Wii Fit, if you are wearing "light" clothing (indicated by a tshirt), then 2 lbs. If you are wearing "heavy" clothing (indicated by a woolen jumper), then 4lbs. When I weigh myself on the Wii Fit with tshirt and jeans I choose the "light" and take off 2lbs. Hope this helps you.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    A lot of people just make sure to wear (or change into) the same clothes at each weigh-in.
  • tuscaroragal
    tuscaroragal Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Well, my method is to weigh myself on the same scale, and just accept that I may be a few pounds heavier due to clothes. I weigh myself at the gym, and of course have clothes on...but, take my shoes off and anything else I can strip down to! :) Personally, I don't change my weight numbers when I weigh in, except I try to NEVER weigh myself in the afternoon. I am ALWAYS about 5 pounds heavier than in the morning. Best of luck!
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I weighed my gym clothes on the kitchen scales (0.9 kilo) as I weigh in at the gym...
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    if you weigh that way every time, just use that as your measurement for weight.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    When we had our biggest loser contest at work, we obviously had to be clothed when weighing in. I dont think it matters if you have clothes on or not as long as you are consistent in what you wear and the time of day you do it. The results will show with or without clothing on
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I've weighed my work clothes because the best scale is in the bathroom at work. Given, I don't wear the same thing everyday, btu I've found that my clothes generally weigh in at 3 lbs.
  • miaa642
    miaa642 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you leave the shoes on you should take off 3.... Thats what i do when i weight myself at work and it matches to the pound what i weight when i step on the scale in the am (at home sans clothing). I hope this helps :wink:
  • cajode11
    cajode11 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I will keep all replies in mind when weighing in!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in just a thin towel but that's probably not possible at work!! I agree when everybody says to take off a couple of pounds!