jensauce
jensauce Posts: 150 Member
If so, what do you do for a living?

If not, why?

Replies

• gabster221
    gabster221 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    im miserable at my job! im milking this maternity leave as much as possible lol i tried sending my resume to companies that are hiring but no luck :(

and i work at a supermarket. im in charge of the cashiers. i feel like im baby sitting little kids. and the customers are just rude. counting money and doing the paperwork is the only joy i have at my job. although i did make a few great friends along the years
  • jensauce
    Options
    Very interesting responses! I just left a job that was emotionally draining for me, but my new job seems like the perfect fit. I will be busy from open to close every day and I am earning a bit more than my last job.

Didn't think it would make such a large difference in my overall happiness and attitude about things.
  • jensauce
    Options
    :)
  • cbendorf13
    cbendorf13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Too little pay too much work. Work 2x more than I get paid. Nothing ever works like it is supposed to. Love the people I work with and teaching, but the atmosphere stinks.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Yes and no.

They treat me well, appreciate me, and it's a very low-stress job. I am happy about that.

However, I miss working in the animal welfare industry and feeling like I'm doing something that matters. Right now I just go to my job Mon-Fri waiting on the weekend, and then it starts all over again. I miss doing something I'm passionate about. This eats at me daily.
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    I'm Happy, I'm still going to school to finish my Civil Engineering Degree but i work as one pretty much already as well. A friend of mine put in a good word with the company im in and now i have an apprenticeship working as one. Hands on is always a better experience for me.
    I wasn't so sure about me pursuing my degree in this field but after the in person experience i got more motivation, i hope i can do it!
    Ive done Retail, Retail Banking, and other little things and each one drained me, I always quit because its like they say your job shouldn't be a Job to you, it should be something you have fun doing.

I say, work somewhere and always go in with a positive attitude, whether you like it or not. You learn a new skill at every job and you'll end up finding something that will drive your passion.
  • tinaisstillwell
    tinaisstillwell Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love what I do! I don't call it a job, or a career, or even a profession; I consider it "my "calling." I have been a chiropractor for 22 years, and I help people reach their full health potential! I didn't know life could be this good!
  • araromi2
    araromi2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I teach and I absolutely love my job.im in one of the highest paying districts so the money is a plums
  • araromi2
    araromi2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Plus...darn autocorrect
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Nope. That's why I up and quit on Wednesday
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Love my job. I am a graphic artist...
    Love my second job, I am a musician...
    Love my third job, I am a personal trainer...
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love what I do! I don't call it a job, or a career, or even a profession; I consider it "my "calling." I have been a chiropractor for 22 years, and I help people reach their full health potential! I didn't know life could be this good!
    Bravo!
  • AnAbsoluteDiva
    AnAbsoluteDiva Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Real estate broker. Own my own business. Work from home. Flexibility up the wazoo allows me to travel wherever, whenever. What more can I ask for?
  • IHateUserNames23
    IHateUserNames23 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I love my pay check. Does that count.
  • sparklebunnbunn
    sparklebunnbunn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love my job as a nurse, couldn't imagine doing anything else! I just wished it paid better :p
  • looking4gains
    looking4gains Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Love being in the military. 10 years in and still enjoy what I do.
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Software quality assurance. Yeah I like it, my boss is cool. Plus if I ever leave I know MFP needs some professional help with their site, lol.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I'm a radiographer. I love the job itself and the pay works for me! The office that I'm in right now is a giant mess but thankfully I can just stay in my xray room and only come out when I'm needing a little interaction or to ask what's for lunch, lol.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,946 Member
    Options
    Yes and no.

They treat me well, appreciate me, and it's a very low-stress job. I am happy about that.

However, I miss working in the animal welfare industry and feeling like I'm doing something that matters. Right now I just go to my job Mon-Fri waiting on the weekend, and then it starts all over again. I miss doing something I'm passionate about. This eats at me daily.

I do too, and so I volunteer for causes that are important to me.

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I enjoy my job though getting paid for it would be nice.