Recommended scale

Options
I was wondering if someone can recommend a good scale. Maybe something I can get from amazon and somewhere else easy to find. The I scale I have is digital and is going a little crazy, I changed the battery and tried to calibrated it by letting it cycle a few times and still not working right. The last time I weighed myself I was 361 that was a week ago. Now I tried it 6 different times and get the following 368.1, 360, 355, 357.4, 363, 370.2. Thanks for any help.

Replies

• MScrepetis
    MScrepetis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Digitals will vary. You can step one. Walk away. Come back 5 minutes later, have changed nothing, and get a different reading. I suggest a traditional dial scale. It is more accurate but doesn't show you .2 pounds. I think this is good so you look at the big picture and not day by day. They run 9$ at Walmart. I have a sunbeam.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I have both a traditional dial scale as well as my pricey FitBit Scale. I love both, but for different reasons. If you aren't as concerned about seeing those .2lb losses, then a regular dial scale is the way to go. It will need to be recalibrated occasionally, but it is going to be the most accurate.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    dynamix1 wrote: »
    Now I tried it 6 different times and get the following 368.1, 360, 355, 357.4, 363, 370.2. Thanks for any help.

Is the scale on a hard, even floor, not a carpet?

• cher2178
    cher2178 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Keep the scale in the same spot, don't keep moving it around if you can. If that's not convenient than try to put it in the same general area when you weigh in. I have a digital weight watchers scale. It's pretty consistent (even when I want the number lower :/ ), think I paid $15 like 5yrs ago for it.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I can step on my digital scale over and over and get the exact same reading....
  • tabletmfp
    tabletmfp Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have a von has digital.i got it on amazon. It's very reliable. Can't fault it!
  • TinyTexn59
    TinyTexn59 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I bought the fitbit aria scale several years ago. It is accurate and easy. I weigh every day but I only look at the weekly report online once a week. I think checking your weigh daily and weekly this way give you a better picture of how you are doing and how your weight fluctuates over the course of the week.
  • echmain
    echmain Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I can step on my digital scale over and over and get the exact same reading....

Some digital scales pull your weight from memory if your weight hasn't changed by .5 pound.

This can give the appearance of consistency.