UK weightloss

Options

Replies

• cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    CollieFit wrote: »
    Let me get this straight............... You are currently over 13st and want to be 10st by June??
    3st straight is 42lb and you say you're "over" that, whatever than might mean, but lets only assume you wanted to lose 3st rather than "over" that, that's still 42lb in 102 days!! To lose a stone virtually every month, you would have to lose 3.5lb every week. That would be a weekly deficit of 12250 calories a week, or 1750 calories a day.

What's your plan for creating that deficit on a daily basis??

there shouldn't be one - that's an unhealthy rate and the OP should cut it to 1 - 1.5lbs a week maximum

but I know you know that

so OP?

well spotted both.
    my thoughts exactly too.
    great to see a supportive uk thread,but where did the ridiculous notion of losing a stone a month enter reality?

hopefully wiser heads will help prevail.

op?

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm in East Sussex. I'm 11 stone 10 right now and would be happy at my pre pregnancy weight of 11 stone as I was a size 10/12 then. I'm 5'6.
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    I'm in York! I'm a Londoner at heart but am up north for uni! I've got 8lbs till I hit the healthy weight category though am aiming at losing another 10-12lbs. I'm looking to lose for Graduation but that is won't be until next year, so I've got plenty of time to lose it and work out the whole maintenance thing.

I'm from York! Are you enjoying it? I don't live there now but miss it.
  • James12315
    James12315 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm from the uk also with similar goals to you. Also trying to lose weight by June with something around 36lb to lose. I keep an open diary btw so if anyone wants to add me for perhaps some ideas please do.
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Anyone in the uk can add me! :) I'm up in Scotland, I started at 18 stone, currently 12 and a half stone, aiming for 10 stone.
  • MrsBaaadger
    MrsBaaadger Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm from England, in the South East. Started at 15st and have lost 25lbs since beginning of Jan (I'm 5ft 8") I'm hoping to be 12st by my birthday in May and 11st in time for the summer holidays! I'm sticking to MFP's recommended 1200 cals a day to lose 2lb a week and so far so good, some weeks it's more, some less but I've averaged 3lb a week. Water has been a big help, I've found drinking plenty of water has prevented cravings and hunger.
    Good luck!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm from England, in the South East. Started at 15st and have lost 25lbs since beginning of Jan (I'm 5ft 8") I'm hoping to be 12st by my birthday in May and 11st in time for the summer holidays! I'm sticking to MFP's recommended 1200 cals a day to lose 2lb a week and so far so good, some weeks it's more, some less but I've averaged 3lb a week. Water has been a big help, I've found drinking plenty of water has prevented cravings and hunger.
    Good luck!

3lb a week is not a good rate of loss for your size and you risk losing more lbm than necessary which means that whilst the scale will go down, your end result will not be the best it can be

best advice would be to slow it down - you currently weight 13 stones (so 182lbs) - you should be looking at 2lbs a week maximum

eat more

do some progressive resistance
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    cw106 wrote: »
    CollieFit wrote: »
    Let me get this straight............... You are currently over 13st and want to be 10st by June??
    3st straight is 42lb and you say you're "over" that, whatever than might mean, but lets only assume you wanted to lose 3st rather than "over" that, that's still 42lb in 102 days!! To lose a stone virtually every month, you would have to lose 3.5lb every week. That would be a weekly deficit of 12250 calories a week, or 1750 calories a day.

What's your plan for creating that deficit on a daily basis??

there shouldn't be one - that's an unhealthy rate and the OP should cut it to 1 - 1.5lbs a week maximum

but I know you know that

so OP?

well spotted both.
    my thoughts exactly too.
    great to see a supportive uk thread,but where did the ridiculous notion of losing a stone a month enter reality?

hopefully wiser heads will help prevail.

op?

OP has not been back since questioned about the whole "stone a month" thing. :/
  • MrsBaaadger
    MrsBaaadger Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

3lb a week is not a good rate of loss for your size and you risk losing more lbm than necessary which means that whilst the scale will go down, your end result will not be the best it can be

best advice would be to slow it down - you currently weight 13 stones (so 182lbs) - you should be looking at 2lbs a week maximum

eat more

do some progressive resistance

You're right and I'm trying to keep it to 1.5-2lb a week it's just some weeks have been more for some reason. My husband has told me to up my calorie allowance so maybe I should aim for 1400-1500? I've not been hungry so not felt the need to eat more and I'm in such a good place in my head at the moment (motivated and lots of will power). I do resistance work outs 1-2 times a week from the fitness blender channel on YouTube.
    Thanks for your advice, it's my first post on here and good to get some ideas.
  • theJojoUK
    theJojoUK Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm from the UK too and hoping to lose at least a stone (14lbs) before end of April. Feel free to add me.
  • chrisssiex23x
    chrisssiex23x Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Hey im in edinburgh. You can add me. I started at 16st 2lbs. Im now 11st 2lbs. Aiming for 9st 4lbs by end offl august if i can even get close enough it will do. Im a bridesmaid x
  • chrisssiex23x
    Options
    Oh and im always following along joe wicks lean in 15 meals.. you can find the hiit workouts on youtube or do your own workout like i do. Im loving the meals. ;)
  • chrisssiex23x
    Options
    Oh and im always following along joe wicks lean in 15 meals.. you can find the hiit workouts on youtube or do your own workout like i do. Im loving the meals. ;)

Dunno where the 'always' came from pmsl
  • Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm in Scotland, started at just over 12 stone (77kg) now at 9 stone 3/4 (62kg), aiming for 9 stone flat (57kg) so around 11 pounds to go. I've just logged my 398th consecutive day on mfp, recently maintained 10 stone for around 4 months (that was my original goal!). Would definitely echo what the others have said about slow and steady weight loss, I've probably been one of the slowest on here, 2 stone in a year is a snail's pace in comparison to others but I've never gained back more than 2 pounds during that entire time (even at time of the month etc) so while it may take me longer to shift the scale, once I have lost those pounds ain't coming back and eventually they add up!
  • carolynn382016
    carolynn382016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Becca_250 wrote: »
    I'm in Scotland, started at just over 12 stone (77kg) now at 9 stone 3/4 (62kg), aiming for 9 stone flat (57kg) so around 11 pounds to go. I've just logged my 398th consecutive day on mfp, recently maintained 10 stone for around 4 months (that was my original goal!). Would definitely echo what the others have said about slow and steady weight loss, I've probably been one of the slowest on here, 2 stone in a year is a snail's pace in comparison to others but I've never gained back more than 2 pounds during that entire time (even at time of the month etc) so while it may take me longer to shift the scale, once I have lost those pounds ain't coming back and eventually they add up!

Well done. It's stories like yours that will keep me going when I get dispondant about not loosing as fast as I would like
  • Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Well done. It's stories like yours that will keep me going when I get dispondant about not loosing as fast as I would like

Thank you, I guess I've been fortunate in that I didn't have an end date in mind as in a wedding day or some event when I had to be a certain weight at a certain time, that took the frustration out of the weeks I didn't lose, I would just think I'd eat a bit less or move a bit more the next week. I was also never going to be able to manage a mega deficit as I enjoy food too much and get really cranky when I've not eaten enough, so I've found a balance between calorie intake and exercise which still allows for weight loss.

Anyway don't want to steal OP's thread, anyone feel free to add me :smile:
  • amythomas2
    amythomas2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm from the Midlands, started tracking calories one year ago, starting at 12st5lb and currently 9st3lb. (44lbs down but mfp doesn't agree as i messed up my start weight) I'm 5ft 3 and not quite sure on my end goal yet :-) xxx
  • sarahredhaira
    sarahredhaira Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK too, and started in a similar position to you in October. Always glad of more friends to help me stay on track.
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    Becca_250 wrote: »

I totally agree with this, and I am similar. After my 2nd child it took me 2 years to lose around 5 stone, then I got pregnant again lol and she will be 2 on May 1st and I am not quite at pre pregnancy weight yet. I exercised and ate at a deficit for the majority of my pregnancy but gained anyway. I lose slowly, but I have increased my fitness along the way.
  • RoxyBaroque
    RoxyBaroque Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm in Newcastle UK, was 11.1 a year ago, now 13.5 and wanting to get back on the bandwagon!