Hello! Thanks for having me!

Options
momo_t90
momo_t90 Posts: 288 Member
Hi! I'm Momo. I currently weigh 250. My goal weight is 160. I've lost 3 pounds so far. :)

A little bit about my story:
I'm a grad student getting my masters in music performance. I moved out of town to study. Being alone in a new place and having the pressure of graduate classes (much worse than undergrad classes imo) I went into a deep depression. I admitted myself into an intensive out-patient program. Got on meds, saw a therapist, things are much better now. But during this dilemma, I let my weight go. I didn't watch what I ate, and one of the medicines I took caused my appetite to increase and caused weight gain. I'm off that medicine now and am in a much better place mentally, so now that that part of me is healthy again I figured it's time to work on my physical health. I'm super excited to do this!

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this. :)
  • signerh
    signerh Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello, fellow music student here :)

Good luck on your weight loss journey, it sounds like you're ready for it!
  • momo_t90
    momo_t90 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! Yes! I'm so eager to lose the extra fat on me, I jump out of bed in the morning just to check my weight!

@signerh, so nice to meet a fellow music student! It's a tough life we lead, is my it? But the music makes it all worth it. :)