100lb + weight-loss buddies?

Options
SW:243
CW:135
GW:160 hit in november!!
The issue I'm having is rebuilding a healthy body image!!! People look flabbergasted when I tell them I still FEEL heavy... but it's deeply rooted and I'm already seeing signs I may take this too far. Worried about myself... reaching out for support from anyone thags been there... Only positive comments please... I am hard enough on myself for all of us.
Tips and tricks welcome!!!

Replies

• dlmciver
    dlmciver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5", 135 pounds and 60 years old. I started at 345, and had been overweight or obese since 3rd grade. I had no point of reference for "normal". On thing that really helped me was to have a BOD POD body composition analysis done. Looking at 22.3% body fat convinced me of my success.
  • tamaraworrall
    tamaraworrall Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm the same as you ,my starting weight was 346 lbs and I'm now 116 lbs and still loosing .
    I'm more than 3 stone under my original target weight .
    But in my head I will always be obese and it will take time for this to work itself out .
    It's all psychological I think,my mind hasn't caught up with my body still if that makes sense.
    Add me on here as a friend if you want or if your on Facebook ?x

• jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I feel for you
    Sw:300
    Gw:175lbs
    Cw:171
    I still feel fat a lot of the time, and occasionally catch myself eating at a deficit to try and lose weight. Love each day to its fullest and focus on fitness goals and not the number on the scale. It's a hard mental shift for sure, just got to try everyday!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I think the BOD POD or hydrotank is a great idea! These are the only reliable ways to check bodyfat and will give you a point of reference. Compare some before and after pics too, it will be very encouraging for you. You can't really rely on other people's opinions, because people say weird things about weight loss. Go by the facts! Good job on the loss!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    SW 250
    GW 145
    CW 150-155

I never really felt overweight when i truly was. Now at 150, when i look in the mirror all i see is fat. the brain is a dick. I think some of the reason is when i was so overweight, my brain had checked out. now that i am more involved with whats going on with my body, my brain is more engaged. And because it comes off slowly, you dont notice how one day you can't bend over to tie your shoe and now, a year later, boom you dont even think about tying your shoes. you just do! You dont dread stairs, you just take them but it was a gradual process to get to here.

B/A pics and if you have any of your old clothes, drag them out and compare them side by side one last time before donating them

• louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    My sister was the same way. She started out at 275 and got down to less than 120 and she is 5' 8" tall. She was wearing 3-5 in jeans. She is back up to 180 pounds. But at her height she looks great. She doesn't like it but she is constantly struggling with her weight.

Me I just started my journey. My Starting weight was 283 and last weigh in I was 247. I keep changing my goal weight. First my goal was 100 pounds then 120 now I just want to get below a 30 bmi.
  • TribalmamaEmily
    TribalmamaEmily Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Body image is real. The first step is acknowledging that you may have an unhealthy relationship with yourself...which is very proactive on your part! So good for you!!! The battle begins in the mind and it doesn't correct itself just because you achieve a certain number on the scale. What about positive affirmations? Saying out loud, "I whole heartedly love and accept myself. I am smaller. I am wonderfully made. I am beautiful.", etc. I know it seems simple/childish, but it really does help. This is practice in being kinder to yourself. *You are so much more* than a number on the scale or the fleshly body you occupy! Your body is just the tool. If you are interested this is a good read; http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C84UBIQ/ref=pe_385040_117923520_TE_M1T1DP and you use to be able to get it for free. She also does one on one counselling. May you be renewed in your spirit and mind, may you find peace!
  • datsundriver87
    datsundriver87 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I started at 280 January of 15 and am down to 190, still feel like I'm way bigger than people that weigh way more than me, going from 47 percent body fat to 27 percent body fat in a year has made me realize my success thou, and by next year I plan to be around the 15 percent mark
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I think it just takes a while for your mind to catch up with your body. We still think of ourselves as fat, and it has been a part of our identity for so long. I started out at 268, and I had been that for almost 20 years. I've been maintaining at 150 for two years now, and I think I have gotten used to it for the most part and don't see my self as obese any more. Send me a friend request if you'd like!!