Starting Dukan Diet...

Options
So I gave it a lot of thought, and I have decided to go on the Dukan Diet (I read the book and everything). I don't include any organ or red meats in my diet. Its just white meats, seafood, and soy. Has anyone had any previous experiences with the Dukan Diet? I would love some advice or feedback from your experiences.

Also, in relation to the Dukan Diet, does anyone know of any acceptable 0% fat, 0 added sugar yogurt brands that I can allow in my Attack Phase of the diet?

Replies

• Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I'd stay away from any of these so called diet plans.
  • gumdrops32
    gumdrops32 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    my sister was actually explaining the diet to me the other day. her and her boyfriend just started. I'll definitely let you know how they do/if it actually worked for them. best of luck!!
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'd stay away from any of these so called diet plans.

Agreed. Calories in, calories out.. proper nutrition and exercise.
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Look for Fage yogurt.
    We don't have it here in Canada but I always hear from US people how great it is.
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    I haven't read the book, but does show any actual research for it? There's a lot of garbage nutrition/diet info out there, so I only read research papers on it. Hopefully you're well informed with actual research and the complete picture of things, that's all...
  • hsamaras
    hsamaras Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank for the opinions.
  • hsamaras
    hsamaras Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    my sister was actually explaining the diet to me the other day. her and her boyfriend just started. I'll definitely let you know how they do/if it actually worked for them. best of luck!!

please do update me on their progress! thanks so much!
  • lauriemeridith83
    lauriemeridith83 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Me and my husband are actually on day 4 of the Attack phase! We use the Fage Greek Yogurt for our recipes and stuff, but don't eat yogurt otherwise. Dukan has a facebook page that helps us Americans find products that we can use. Just search for "Dukan Diet - US" and you should find it.

My husband and I are tracking our progress by blogging at http://thinnerserved.blogpost.com if you wanna see how it's going for us so far. I've lost 7.6 pounds and he's lost 9.2 in 3 days of the attack phase. Don't expect that kind of weight loss after the attack phase, but I'm enjoying this phase as much as I can. It is so encouraging to see those numbers fall.

My biggest tip is to watch your sodium intake. it's easy to let it get away from you.
  • dietingforgood
    dietingforgood Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been on Dukan for the past 4 month (joined this site 3mo ago) and I can guarantee that it works wonders!

About yogurt, I've come to love Kroger's Carbmaster vanilla yogurt. It's got zero sugar and only 4g of carbs, which is a real treat at any phase of the program!
  • khinkle44
    khinkle44 Posts: 14
    Options
    :smile: My husband and I were actually talking about starting on Monday..... I will need a lot of encouragement