Want to lose 4stone & don't know where to start

Options
I have wanted to lose weight for such a long time. I have tried a number of diets and methods and nothing has stuck. I lack motivation, i will do well for a day or so and then go back to the crap food. I am determined to lose weight I just have no idea how to stay motivated. I am the type of person who gives up when physical changes aren't seen quick enough. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Wanting, trying, impatience and diets get you nowhere. Weight loss is a simple but slow process that takes a small but ongoing effort. Ditch motivation and just embrace determination. Don't separate food into good and bad. Eat food you like, but weigh and log everything diligently. Set a reasonable loss rate,
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

Other pointers: You need to feed your body even while losing weight. Do not eat below your BMI; this is a general rule of thumb to ensure you are eating enough. Try to get in some food from every food group every day. Cook if you can, it will give you better control over what you eat.

This is a great 101: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • chloedanielle03
    chloedanielle03 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, I have tried so many different things over the past couple of years and nothing has stuck, I have too much of a sweet tooth I think! I'm just hoping this time round the penny drops and I stick to it! I have a feeling using this app could help a lot if I use it properly :)