Soooo close to the 100 pound lost milestone! (pics)

Options
Mazel78
Mazel78 Posts: 13 Member
edited March 2016 in Success Stories
A little background...
I reached my heaviest weight sometime in the Spring of 2013. On June 1st I decided something had to change. I had been caring for my terminally ill grandpa and had not been taking any time to care for myself. I began using weight watchers and walking, as weight watchers had worked for me before.

After awhile I decided to make the switch to calorie counting and have been doing that ever since. I also at some point began to add some other workout DVD's, but walking was still my go to.

The weight has come off very slowly. Partly my fault and partly on purpose. I decided on day one that I was not going to be in a hurry. I had done that more than once and it had never stuck. I realized this time that I had to start with smaller life changes and keep making them. It has worked! I have aimed for a pound a week, and generally I hit that goal. Well, except for around the holidays. I always seem to lose focus around the holidays. But both years I have picked right back up, thrown no pity parties and got back to business.

I weigh in every Wednesday, this past Wednesday I was .6 pounds from losing 100 pounds! I still have 40-50 pounds to go to hit my goal and I have no doubt I can do it! Taking my time and making small goals has been the road to success for me and I wanted to encourage anyone who might be struggling. Maybe you just got started and it seems to be going slower than you thought it would. Maybe you just feel stuck. Whatever you do, don't stop. Evaluate what your doing, see if you need to change up your workouts (I just started HIIT workouts and LOVE them!... New favorite) Maybe you need to see if you are being honest with your calories. If you're doing everything right... KEEP GOING! If you think you could make some adjustments, make them and KEEP GOING!

(the picture with 2 pictures were from day 1 to current)
(the picture with 4 pictures were Christmas prior to start 2012, Christmas year I started 2013, then the next two Christmases 2014 & 2015)

vtffi3f88gd1.jpg

071ipzzuhphu.jpg

Replies

• Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • mwood1234
    mwood1234 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    That's incredible. You look fantastic!! Your hard work is showing great results!
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You have done amazing!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Nicely done. Congrats! :)
  • Mazel78
    Options
    Thank you!!! :smiley:
  • kp_88
    kp_88 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • LLT38
    LLT38 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You look great! The weight loss has really brought out your eyes and cheekbones.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    You look great !
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Terrific work! Congrats on the success!
  • SuggaDumplin
    SuggaDumplin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That is Awesome!!!
  • sabkhan32
    sabkhan32 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weightloss! You motivated me to keep pushing at it, as I need to lose over 100 lbs. as well to be at my goal weight.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Great job. You should be very proud!!
  • vkmango4
    vkmango4 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. Thank you for sharing. You look great. Glory be to God!
  • Mazel78
    Options
    Thank you all so much!!!
  • queenbee5933
    queenbee5933 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Looking good young lady! Most importantly I know you feel awesome!!
    You have inspired me to do better as I have over 100 lbs to lose as well.
  • tayter_tot7
    tayter_tot7 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Amazing job!!!!!!!
  • ChristineE63
    ChristineE63 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Good work, you look wonderful.
  • poteatkd
    poteatkd Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Other than weight loss, there is also another positive factor I see when it comes to all these before/after pics; clearer, vibrant skin!

I've noticed since counting calories, my skin looks so much better too!

Congratulations on your accomplishment! You look AMAZING!
  • Tyler2020Mike
    Tyler2020Mike Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! I literally jumped back in excitement and amazement. Congratulations!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Congrats girl all the best
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!