Are you happy in your job?

Options

Replies

• nitroalley
    nitroalley Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Corp Finance in Life Sciences. To move up you do sacrifice but have lived and travelled all over the world. What we do makes a difference which helps. And able to live better than I ever dreamed, highly educate my children so they are not burdened with debt and have a secure retirement makes the tedium of the day to day not so important. Plus I have a large team of Milennials that keep me laughing and I hope I am passing some street savvy back to them.
  • Dez11B
    Dez11B Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Only when there's too much work.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Yes and no.

They treat me well, appreciate me, and it's a very low-stress job. I am happy about that.

However, I miss working in the animal welfare industry and feeling like I'm doing something that matters. Right now I just go to my job Mon-Fri waiting on the weekend, and then it starts all over again. I miss doing something I'm passionate about. This eats at me daily.

I do too, and so I volunteer for causes that are important to me.

I volunteer for a local pit bull rescue to try and get my fix. Still, I know I could be doing more if I had the time to dedicate.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    It's alright I guess. Some days are better than the ones where you get chewed out. A LOT
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i own a resume writing service. im burned out.
  • xsloanex
    xsloanex Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im a full time mum n i love love love my job!! The wages arent great tho! Lol.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I love my job, I work as a customer service rep for a Medicare plan. But sometimes the company just cant get its s*** together and I don't like being the front line of contact when that happens. But all in all, I get paid well to help people so ill deal with it for awhile.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Great question. I was a recruiter then employment coach for fortune 100 companies and have heard many responses to this question. I LOVED what I did. But, like @callsitlikeiseeit, who is in a similar role, it can have a burnout factor. I've been on disability for almost 3 years now and while I miss helping people, I don't miss the mental toll it took on me.
  • jensauce
    jensauce Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I love my job as a nurse, couldn't imagine doing anything else! I just wished it paid better :p

One thing I never understand is when people assume nurses make tons of money.

They should though, for all they go through!
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I kmow plenty of nurses who make $100,000+ per year and drive luxury cars.
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I would of course like to make more money, but I like what I do at my job and like the people.
  • doodieMama
    doodieMama Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I can't complain I enjoy what I do. It could however be more exciting that's why I'm earning my degree Organizational Leadership (which my job is paying for) to hopefully compete for better opportunities in the future.
    I'm administrator at Berkeley Nat'l Lab
  • bearhntrcb
    bearhntrcb Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Maintenance Mechanic, its ok most days, depending on what breaks lol
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    whmscll wrote: »
    I kmow plenty of nurses who make $100,000+ per year and drive luxury cars.

$100,000+? BSN or MSN RNs quite possibly. LVNs & LPNs not! ADN RNs, probably not.

Not even BSN (the majority anyway) make that much. It really varies by region, experience and unit/specialty. I could move to a different state and get paid $15-20 more per hour than what I do, possibly more, but living cost would be higher as well. Those who have a MSN...CRNP or CRNA...they are the ones making more money, understandably.

Long term goal is to get MSN, but for right now I'm perfectly happy. :)
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    my hobby job is sitting dogs in my own home. I love it!! i do overnights and many dogs stay for quite a few days at a time. i get to meet awesome new dogs, and it helps me manage my need for animal hording. :) i have another job as an admin assistant that i do primary from home that i have a love/hate relationship with. But any job that pays me to stay away from the office is a keeper. lol
  • chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I like my gig. It's stressful at times but cool. Oh, I'm a firefighter. Wish the pay was better tho
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's ok. I wouldn't say I love it, or it's what I ultimately want to do but I don't have any issues and it's far better than my previous job.

Left my job in retail last year, *kitten* hours (huge lack of sleep), barely above minimum wage, no opportunities for progression and half the year it was incredibly dull! May-Oct = fine/busy. The rest of the year with the exception of the week before Xmas and a few days over Easter, nothing. Some people loved getting paid to stand around, I'd rather be doing something.

Currently work in pensions, 9-5, weekends/bank holidays off, I always have work to do, half the commute, and opportunities for training/progression if I wanted it. I wouldn't mind a bit more pay but even that's more than my old job so can't really complain.
  • Naaer
    Naaer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm with the post that, basically, said that my job is a means to an end--like my days off to enjoy myself...I don't HATE my job, I don't LOVE it...The pay is good for my field, and the benefits are fantastic(excellent health care and pension.) When I'm had a bad day, I keep all of this in mind...All in all, I'm satisfied with my life's work...
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I love what I do. <3
    I'm a wellness coach, personal trainer and aquatic fitness instructor. I'm self-employed, even though some of my assignments come from being employed by various organizations. I'm also a watercolor artist as a foil for all the people stuff I deal with.
  • kdtesoriero
    kdtesoriero Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I am self employed and absolutely love it!! It is a lot of work and stress but I will never want to go work at an agency again.