Carbs

Options
Its important to get your carbs right , so how many carbs should you eat a day? And how to know how many your eating

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Logging your food here will tell you how many you're eating.

As for how many to eat, that depends a lot on personal preference and any fitness or nutrition goals you need to hit. The basic numbers MFP gave you when you set up your account are a good starting point and then you can adjust from there if you want.

This is one of my favorite posts for those getting started, and it includes links for more information on setting up your calories and macros. If you haven't had a chance yet, check it out: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Breannarosebrooks
    Breannarosebrooks Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ok thank you so much :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Logging your food here will tell you how many you're eating.

As for how many to eat, that depends a lot on personal preference and any fitness or nutrition goals you need to hit. The basic numbers MFP gave you when you set up your account are a good starting point and then you can adjust from there if you want.

This is one of my favorite posts for those getting started, and it includes links for more information on setting up your calories and macros. If you haven't had a chance yet, check it out: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

This 100%
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Log what you eat. Everyones needs are different.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Do you have a particular concern about carbs?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I am of the opinion that refined carbs are not good for any people, but beyond that your carb intake is only an issue if you have a health reason like insulin resistance that would do better with low carbs.

I have insulin resistance so I keep my carbs very low. About 20g per day.