19 days to maybe lose one pound

Options
Today when I woke up I was 1 pound up. Later, after getting bare, etc. I was down 1.4 pounds from the weight I was an hour before. If I am truly down then it has taken me 19 days to lose 1 pound. I eat and utilize 1200 - 1400 calories a day. I track. I normally eat healthily. When I binge I make up for it in following days, and I am working on binging by addressing frustrations and ways to vent, etc. I only have 7 pounds to go. This is hard. Personal growth must be needed to hang in there. I am going to go do my exercise now.UGH this is all requiring so much perseverance etc. I am frustrated right now so I am going to tear up some paper.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    What is your height and weight? Perhaps you're at the best weight?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    1.4 lb loss in 19 days is fine for someone who doesn't have much to lose.

What isn't fine is the binging and then " making up for it " you may want to address those issues now and work through them so you won't be stuck in this cycle.
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    The last time I got within 5lbs of my goal weight I got extremely discouraged (and eventually quit & gained back some so here I am trying again!) because of this. Once you get to a lower weight your daily calories needs are less, therefore cutting enough calories to lose 1lb or more a week is not healthy (likely puts you at under 1200) so it takes longer. Download the happy scale app and start tracking your weight daily (usually first thing in the morning after you use the bathroom) and you will start to see daily/weekly fluctuations but overall should still see your downward trend. I just got it two weeks ago and seeing that graph It's much more encouraging when you wake up and see the scale up 1-2lbs some days!! Good luck!
  • elleT31
    elleT31 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Have to agree, weight fluctuates during the day and week. It will drive you crazy, pick one day and weigh first thing in the morning after using the bathroom. Don't do it the morning after a cheat day lol. My cheat is Friday, I weigh on Sunday.

I have found that empty carbs will stop weight loss or even cause gain, even if I am only eating 1200 calories a day. It will also slow your bowels which will 'look like' weight gain. Live food and minimum lean meat does get me losing again, and fiber keeps things moving.

I also suggest focusing on the way your clothes fit over a number on the scale. Numbers don't mean anything, no one walks up and says 'hi I'm Elle and I weigh blahblah.' Focus on strong arms and a waistband that fits just right...whatever feeling and looking your best means to you.

If you are that close, you should be so proud! That is an amazing achievement, your perseverance has paid off..focus on lifestyle and most of the struggle should slip away! so they say:)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    If you only have 7 lbs to lose than about .5 lbs a week is a reasonable rate. So, you are doing fine.
    Being consistent and accurate with your logging will help. Get a food scale and use it.
    Don't weigh yourself more than once a day. That will make you crazy because your weight naturally fluctuates.