80-100 pound loss

Options
For those of you who have lost 80 pounds or more, how long did it take you?

Replies

• melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    My "goal" is 75lbs lost but that's just a number I could live with when I started, I really do need to go to at least 80lbs lost I think.

I started in August last year and while the first 50lbs came off pretty quick the last 20 I think might take me a LOT longer. I've averaged 1.7lbs a week so far but I've noticed a drop off, but things are still fitting better and better so I think now I'm really building lean muscle.
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I lost 57# in 7 months.....(right around 2# per wk)
  • granniejane
    Options
    I lost 100 lbs in a year...but it took me 6 months to lose 20 more pounds. I lost a total of 120 lbs! It comes off faster in the beginning for most folks. But everyone is different.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    It depends on what your goal is. I lost the first 15 lbs between Sept-Dec 2009. Then I kicked my butt into gear, found MFP and lost the next 45 lbs between Feb-Oct 2010. Then I slowed down and lost 5 more pounds by the end of the year. Then I hit a wall at 10 lbs from my initial goal weight of 140. It took nearly 6 months to get the weight coming off again and I've lost 3 lbs in the last 2 weeks. So... it really varies for everyone! Overall, it's been 68 lbs in 22 months.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    110 pounds in just about 2 years.
  • nikmaack
    nikmaack Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I started using My Fitness Pal on April 17th, 2010. I weighed around 280 lbs. In January of 2011, I weighed 200 lbs. That was my original weight goal, when I started -- 200 lbs.

So in 9 months I lost 80 lbs.

Weighting 200 lbs, I went and saw a doctor. (I wanted to make sure I hadn't damaged myself in any way. I was fine.) The doctor was very pleased, but told me I could go as low as 180 lbs if I wanted to.

I wanted to. So, at a much slower pace, I have continued to lose weight. Instead of losing two pounds a week, I set my goal to maintain weight, but try to keep under by 250 calories or so.

From January until today (another 6 months) I have lost an additional 14 pounds.

My grand total weight loss, then, is 94 pounds lost in 15 months.

Slow and steady wins the race. For most of my weight loss, I was trying for 2 lbs a week. Later, having gotten much further than I had ever expected, I cut myself some slack and lost much more slowly, but just as steadily.

Hope this helps!

Nik
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I started my journey needing to lose 85lbs. I'm down 38lbs and have 47lb s to go. I started on March 1st. So it's been about 12 weeks so far. At this rate, I'm going to be where I need to be by the end of summer.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    i lost 73 lbs in 11 months
  • Nikki_GodzPrincess
    Options
    I've lost 80lbs in 5 months...and have a bunch more to lose.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    well i'm not there yet but i'll reply anyway :P

my goal is to lose 60 lbs in a year, and then lose the next 20 over about 6-8 more months. i believe that the closer i get to my goal weight, the harder it will be to lose weight. weight loss will be slower anyway. for now, i've been losing 5 lb per month

good luck to you!
  • lindabaker1961
    Options
    so didyou follow this plan
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    It took me 10 months to lose 100 pounds :)
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I started with this site on November 8, 2010 at 289 pounds and I am currently at just over 90 pounds down.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    100 lbs the first 11 months,and 42 the final 6, but Ive got 17 more lbs to lose, so all in all, about 20 months for the 142 total,
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    So far it has taken me 22 months to lose 74 pounds. I have about another 25 to 30 to go. I hope to be at my goal within the next year. This has definitely been a lifestyle change for me, and I started out fairly slowly. I have never considered myself to be on a diet. I make changes that I can live with for the rest of my life. So there are definitely options to do it a lot faster. I'm much more concerned about actually reaching my goal than exactly when I reach it.
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    It took me about a year and a half to get off 80 pounds. I reached my highest weight (327) in June of 2008. I reached the 240s somewhere around October 2009. Didnt lose that weight on MFP but was basically doing the same thing MFP has you do.
  • Sinz2011
    Sinz2011 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi, Wow I am so inspired by your weight loss. Please do tell me how you did it! :)
  • Sinz2011
    Sinz2011 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I started my journey needing to lose 85lbs. I'm down 38lbs and have 47lb s to go. I started on March 1st. So it's been about 12 weeks so far. At this rate, I'm going to be where I need to be by the end of summer.

Hi, Wow I am so inspired by your weight loss. Please do tell me how you did it! :)
  • lawdhelpme2
    lawdhelpme2 Posts: 149
    Options
    Congrats to all of you, its been 4 months for me and I've lost 28 pounds, looking to lose 30 really soon. In a year I hope to be as successful as you guys.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    90 pounds in 9 months - it is coming off a lot more slowly now, though.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!