question

Options
i have a question. i have been exercising about two to three times a week about 45 mintues each time. i stay at my required calorie intake also, and i still haven't been losing much weight. this has been going on since around christmas. can anyone let me know if i am doing something wrong? thanks!

Replies

• summerchick1785
    Options
    i have a question. i have been exercising about two to three times a week about 45 mintues each time. i stay at my required calorie intake also, and i still haven't been losing much weight. this has been going on since around christmas. can anyone let me know if i am doing something wrong? thanks!
  • Vamps
    Vamps Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hia,

At a guess.....your probably loosing fat and gaining muscle, considering muscle weighs at least a third more than fat, this would explain your weight staying the same. Importantly, your toning up and getting a leaner body and burning off the fat, you should be seeing a change in your body shape and your clothes being bigger. You body can also reach a plateau, where your body gets used to the exercise, try changing your workout routine slightly, its is widely recommended that you change your exercise routine every six weeks to get the most benefit. Also make sure your eating enough to take into account all your exercise, you need fuel to exercise,make sure you eat you minimum calorie intake plus the calories burned in exercise.

Hope some of this is of use, I may be new to this site, but i have learned a fair amount from exercise and trying to loose weight over the last few years, hope it helps

keep up the good work, i wish i could manage exercising as regularly as you, keep it up and you will soon see the results.
  • ccarrithers
    Options
    Hi there ! I am having the same issue, in fact, I have GAINED weight... but... here's what my personal trainer is telling me:

First, when you break down muscle, it holds water = you weigh more, until they lengthen out... or something like that.... til your body gets used to it....

Second, if you haven't been eating enough (that's my situation) it takes time for your metabolism to adjust.... He says that working out 4-5 times a week @ heart rate capacity I should be eating at a minimum 6 times a day, about 1800 calories... otherwise, your body shuts down & starts conserving....

I am at about the 3 week mark so i know your frustration! It is tough - also, i am 35 ( you don't mention your age) and i think some funky things are going on with my metabolism anyway... i used to be able to drop 10 lbs in a week, no problem, just by skipping a few meals...

Hang in there - i am trying to and just hoping for a payoff sometime REALLY soon!
  • summerchick1785
    Options
    thank you both so much!
  • kelpie06
    kelpie06 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. It's been three weeks. The first two I saw some results but now the scale isn't budging. I find it more motivating to eat less calories and work out when you see some movement in the scale, but I start to question the whole thing when I don't see any change. And there is even less motivation when it goes up!

I guess the key is to stop looking at the scale for awhile (although I am a weigh-in junky) and just focus on the eating and exercising part.