Replies

• ironhajee
    ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    ironhajee wrote: »
    How old are you?

Male or Female?

Are you working out OR exercising?

I'm pretty sure you need to eat more if I'm reading this correctly you stated that your current caloric intake is 460?

Eat some lean proteins (fish, turkey)
    Mixed Vegetables: sweet Potatoes, Brock, Kale, Carrots etc etc

I'm interested to read what more experienced members are thinking here

You are only "pretty sure"?

You're the expert not me lol ;)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    How old are you?

Male or Female?

I'm pretty sure you need to eat more if I'm reading this correctly you stated that your current caloric intake is 460?

You don't need to be an expert to know that 460 calories is not enough food for anyone. You just need to have been born.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    How old are you?

Male or Female?

Nope, not an expert. Never claimed to be. Just carrying on. People take everything so dang serious.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Your PT should be able to help you lay out a nutrition plan. Everyone is different, so it's hard to say, you need to do this or that.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Are any figure coaches in your area or is your PT a figure coach? They can give you an appropriate food plan.
  • tippycanoe1241994
    tippycanoe1241994 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    All of this is really helpful. I'll keep All this in mind.
  • ironhajee
    ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    How old are you?

Male or Female?

Nope, not an expert. Never claimed to be. Just carrying on. People take everything so dang serious.

Haha no I was kidding mate hence the ;) But back to the OP it's good that you now know how to track nutrition which will prove instrumental in your goals to compete in fitness. If you have Instagram you should follow @morelli Fitness something like that.

They provide you with great tips secrets and tricks to the trade. They also have a secondary account somewhere there with custom meal plans if you are into that sort of thing.

They're meals for an example lunch would be:

White fish,
    broccoli,
    sweet potatoes
    and a protein shake

Also follow @kristen.maynard who was an NPC Bikini National Qualifier

She has useful information on
    1. NUTRITION
    2. WORKOUTS
    3. Motivation

Etc etc.

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    How certain are you that you are only eating 460 calories? How did you determine that? Are you weighing food? Using measuring cups? Eyeballing?

If you are using measuring cups or eyeballing portions/estimating, you are likely eating more than you think and the 460 May mot be correct.
  • lisaloolovesblue
    lisaloolovesblue Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Honey. Please listen to me. I've been there and as much as you're going to want to blow off my advice, please don't. I've been the girl eating less than 500 calories a day, and I'm also currently the healthy girl getting a health psychology degree who turned her life around. I'm not an expert, but I want you to know that I know a lot about the science behind nutrition and weight loss.

You need to take care of your body. A healthy weight loss is no more than 1-2 lbs per week. I know that seems like a long time, but that's 52-104 lbs in a year. Seeing as you're average weight, though, please don't even try to be losing weight that fast. If you are in the healthy weight range, stay there. There are a lot of bad things that can happen to your body if there is not enough fat or calories in it.

Please believe me. You need the calories. Your body needs like 1200 calories per day JUST TO FUNCTION (give or take depending on size, age, gender, etc.). That means laying in bed all day. But you said you're pretty active, so you need many more calories than that.

Food is not the enemy. Don't be afraid to find a psychologist- one who is trained in eating disorders and who you feel comfortable with. I know the feeling of "I don't need help, because I'm not skinny enough to need help." But don't be afraid to reach out and ask for help. It really helped me.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Could you open your diary? I'd be shocked if you were actually eating only 460 calories a day.
  • tippycanoe1241994
    Options
    @lisaloolovesblue thank you for the advice ma'am. But I'm trying to gain weight and eat more. I want to build muscle mass so I am trying to eat more often.

I've also made it to 1100 calories today. I feel so full. Now I have to figure out what to eat tomorrow. Thank you guys for the advice.
  • tippycanoe1241994
    Options
    @elphie754 I just input my usual eating routine. I just dont "feel" hungry usually, so I would only eat once a day. It's kind of frustrating trying to find why I'm not hungey, but I managed to eat all three meals today.(even if i was a small amount) No fast food either.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    @elphie754 I just input my usual eating routine. I just dont "feel" hungry usually, so I would only eat once a day. It's kind of frustrating trying to find why I'm not hungey, but I managed to eat all three meals today.(even if i was a small amount) No fast food either.

But how are you determining your serving sizes? Are you eyballing? Using a measuring cup? Or a food scale. The first two a very inaccurate and you may be eating more than you think.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Eating three meals a day is a good start. All food is good. Make sure you get enough protein daily, like a chicken breast or a couple eggs. If you want to eat healthier add more fruits and veggies. Oatmeal is great in the morning with fruit and milk.