Belly Ache

Options
Okay so I'm thinking I'm a bit sensitive to gluten and stuff. For the 3rd time in as many weeks I'm bloated, and feel like someone is pushing their thumb right into my stomach under my ribs-- constantly.

The thing is, I worked out today and felt great (didn't start feeling yucky till this afternoon) and there is no way I am going to meet my calorie goal for the day. I'm hungry-- but have no desire to eat. None, whatsoever. This is even after taking a Nexium. Oh and I look about 6 months preggers.

So what do you do when you have a tummy ache and feel bad in order to reach your calorie goal, but not make yourself feel worse, and if you've got any advice on how to make stomach feel better any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    When I get a belly ache (which is sometimes very often), I drink peppermint tea to help soothe it. It works wonders for me!
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    If it is anything like IBS (sounds like it is) the best thing you can do is just keep your fluids up and forget about eating until tomorrow. I find anything I eat just makes it worse. One day under calories shouldnt be a problem. Hope you feel better soon:smile:
  • Paulette56
    Paulette56 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the gall bladder symptoms I had before surgery. You might want to have it checked out if it continues. Better safe than sorry.
  • AnneMK5
    AnneMK5 Posts: 110
    Options
    Have you ever gone a day or two without eating any grains? See if the bloating and icky feeling goes away.
    I am/was the same way. I don't eat breads, pastas, etc, and I no longer have that bloated feeling. Same with dairy products.
    May just have to do a process of elimination.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I use to have sooooo much bloating everyday. I was diagnosed with Gerd and IBS. When I started watching what I eat and started eating whole grain foods It doesn't bother me that much anymore. Even when I eat broccoli or beans. I was shocked, I don't have to take my Prevacid anymore either. I use to take 2 a day before. It has to be the change in diet.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Okay so I'm thinking I'm a bit sensitive to gluten and stuff. For the 3rd time in as many weeks I'm bloated, and feel like someone is pushing their thumb right into my stomach under my ribs-- constantly.

The thing is, I worked out today and felt great (didn't start feeling yucky till this afternoon) and there is no way I am going to meet my calorie goal for the day. I'm hungry-- but have no desire to eat. None, whatsoever. This is even after taking a Nexium. Oh and I look about 6 months preggers.

So what do you do when you have a tummy ache and feel bad in order to reach your calorie goal, but not make yourself feel worse, and if you've got any advice on how to make stomach feel better any help would be appreciated.

Right or Left side? Right side is Gallbladder or Liver. I would go see the Doctor if it keeps up.
  • lennykat
    lennykat Posts: 89
    Options
    It's right in the middle. I had rice last night (son's birthday and he wanted Japanese)., I've eliminated bread and pasta for the most part, but this is the first time I've had rice so....
    I'm thinking it could very well be starchy stuff.

Tea sounds good. I'm going to drink some tea and hit the hay.