Looking for active friends

Options
Hiya!

So, I'm chloe 18 from the uk :) like most people on here I really want to lose weight and be healthier in general. I've tried many times to lose weight but never stuck to it, hence why I'm looking for active users so we can motivate each other! We can do it!

Replies

• JW_Reece
    JW_Reece Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Excellent. Motivation is crucial on your journey to getting healthy...ier
  • chloedanielle03
    chloedanielle03 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Excellent. Motivation is crucial on your journey to getting healthy...ier

I agree! I personally think I feel most motivated when I see other people succeeding on their journey rather than reading tips and advice.
  • wacky2016
    wacky2016 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to try and being healthyer I never been but I'm stubborn and going to give it a go I'm 39 and 29 pounds over weight
  • chloedanielle03
    Options
    @wacky2016 I'm the exact same, I've always had a sweet tooth especially for chocolate, i could eat it all the time haha! Not only do I want to lose weight for vanity but also to be healthier. I've never really ate healthy or exercised but now I'm getting older I can't eat what I want and stay skinny haha!
  • ExileFromTheNorth
    ExileFromTheNorth Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Where in the uk are ya?
  • njaalla
    njaalla Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    [...] I've never really ate healthy or exercised but now I'm getting older I can't eat what I want and stay skinny haha!

Getting older? At 18? Now I feel like I'm already old. :D

I feel with you, though. I have a sweet tooth, too, and I really love baking. But now that I changed my diet a little all those cakes, muffins etc don't really fit in there anymore.
  • chloedanielle03
    Options
    @njaalla haha I know I still really young but I feel like I can't eat rubbish like I used to haha.

I love baking so much! I used to bake different things all the time. The only thing that helps my need to bake is my boyfriend doesn't eat sweet things so I don't tend to make them as often haha x
  • chloedanielle03
    Options
    @ManiNorthernstar I'm from Cambridgeshire:)
  • ExileFromTheNorth
    ExileFromTheNorth Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

Lovely to meet you!
  • chloedanielle03
    Options

Lovely to meet you!

You too :smiley:
  • JasonRainboze
    JasonRainboze Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm looking for active friends also:)
  • robynmaine64
    robynmaine64 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm doing ok. Haven't used this forum in 4 years. Then I weighed about 185 and lost weight exercising every 4-5 days.
  • cassieshae
    cassieshae Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I log daily and I feel this app and the community on here really help me stay motivated to become healthier and get fit. So feel free to add me and I'll be sure to return the favour!
  • njaalla
    Options
    I love baking so much! I used to bake different things all the time. The only thing that helps my need to bake is my boyfriend doesn't eat sweet things so I don't tend to make them as often haha x

Haha, good for you. My boyfriend usually avoids what he calls "too healthy food" and loves all kind of sweet things, so I have to be really creative when cooking for both of us.

• san100088
    san100088 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @chloedanielle03,
    Hi, interactions are always a vital part of achievement. Add me and we will interact. I have had many ups and downs in losing and gaining. I love food and I hate feeling I like I am restricting myself from what I love. This app is really good I think because I can eat anything once i stay under your goal for the day. It's up to me to eat the right things. I do like the option of taking a little goodies from time to time.

My goal now is to find a normal eating habit that I can stick to so that I don't feel like I am depriving myself. Within the given daily calories I can have a little goodies and be ok.

I find eating anything but crabs helps tremendously. Sometimes you can't get rid of carbs but you can eat less and less till it's manageable.

• chloedanielle03
    Options
    @san100088 I really need to cut back on carbs I eat way too many I also want to cut down on the amount of dairy I have too
  • chloedanielle03
    Options
    @njaalla my boy fired eats unhealthy food but he prefers savoury to sweet. He hates all veg other than potatoes so cooking healthy meals can be challenging! Haha x
  • chloedanielle03
    Options
    @cassieshae thats what in hoping for. I'm going to try and be as active on here as I can to hopefully lose weight and support others x
  • njaalla
    Options
    @chloedanielle03 Well, it's the same for my boyfriend, he usually avoids all kind of vegetables. Then again, it depends a lot on the meal. I for example figured that when there's only salad, he won't eat it, but when I prepare salad with some bacon and eggs, he'll love it. :D But at least that's a motivation to try new recipes.
  • Hamed_AlJabri
    Hamed_AlJabri Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    @chloedanielle03
    Working hard to change a lifestyle, eating was and still is my favorite hobby, I don't want to stop it, i just want to choose what I have for food smarter and change the eating habit once and for all. I get motivated with competition and other peoples achievements.