Apple shaped problems

Options
Hey so I am the classic Apple shape but the worst part is I have a low body fat percentage at 13% but the 13% of body fat i have is all in my upper body and have stick legs. I started doing weights hoping it will help. Well my legs are a bit bigger but my upper body is even bigger. Any suggestions of exercise to fix this as well as get rid of the fat on my belly?

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    How did you determine that your 13% bf ? That's extremely low for a woman and most at that percentage wouldn't have excess body fat left
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    How did you determine that your 13% bf ? That's extremely low for a woman and most at that percentage wouldn't have excess body fat left

^^this^^
  • Lindseygolding13
    Lindseygolding13 Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @thorsmom01 and @Sabine_Stroehm Well during the summer I went way underweight trying to get rid of my Apple shape. Which worked but I looked like a skeleton. At my school I go to, we have a body scan machine to tell us what are body fat percentage is as well as other things such as, lean body mass, water weight and probably other things. Anyways I went from 4% body fat (as I said I was a skeleton) to finally 12.7% but I just rounded it up to 13%. So that's how I know it's 13%. Yes I know it is low but I am a circus performer so low body fat helps.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    That bf machine is not reliable.

What are your weight and height?

I suggest getting on a full body lifting program. Cannot comment on diet before I know your stats.

Eta: could you post a picture?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Apple shape at 13% body fat? Really?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You likely have been Apple shape since your mamas womb. Genetics can't be changed. I would guess that there are others in your family, immediate or extended, with a similar shape.