daily stretching

Options
I began daily stretching today. feel so much better after doing it and it only takes 15 minutes.

Replies

• AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Me too! It makes a huge difference. Whenever I slack off I get all sorts of back and neck issues.
  • icspicthia
    icspicthia Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My regular exercise is weightlifting three times a week. I have been trying to be more proactive about stretching before and after workouts, especially targeting the muscles that I worked on. It has made a huge difference. I don't feel as stiff or wrung out, and I think my lifting form has improved too. I am trying to get to where I'm stretching daily. OP - what kind of stretches do you do?
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i stretch about 20 times a day
  • Ciera247Zumba
    Ciera247Zumba Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Stick with stretching daily! It prevents soreness and really does make a whole world of difference, especially doing Yoga:)
  • BrikcRunner
    BrikcRunner Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Any other specific stretching routines you guys would recommend?
  • PearBlossom9
    PearBlossom9 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I look up beginner/stretching yoga videos on youtube and doyogawithme.com There are lots of 15-20 min videos geared towards stretching. Yoga with Adriene is great. She has easy stuff like a couch potato set and many others. Some of it is really geared towards just stretching.
  • BrikcRunner
    BrikcRunner Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @PearBlossom9 Thanks!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Stretching really does gives flexibility results but it can take awhile. Lots of other benefits too.
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I dont really have much time in my lunch hour to do stretching plus my routine. Can i do the stretching at home and also do I have to warm up my muscles first before i stretch or can I just go straight into it?

ta
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I do yoga/ stretch every day for about 45 minutes. I had a spinal fusion 3 years ago and if I don't make the time in the morning, the rest of my day turns to poo.
  • estelle74uk
    Options
    Bump please
  • vms4evr
    vms4evr Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    This is what I like to do. It stretches me from head to toe. Takes 15 minutes tops.

• Sun Salutations
    • World’s Greatest Stretch
    • Side Stretches
    • Cat / Cow
    • Superman Stretch
    • Scorpion
    • Figure 4 Stretch
    • Piraformis
  • estelle74uk
    Options
    Do you need to warm up first or can you just stretch straight away?

thanks
  • nlkklrocks
    nlkklrocks Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Add in 5 minutes of foam rolling prior to stretching if you really want the most impact! I find when I roll out first (particularly glutes and IT band) I get a much deeper stretch with more relief. :) happy stretching!