Spice up water

Doin_it_4me920
Doin_it_4me920 Posts: 25 Member
I drink lots of water since I stopped drinking soda. Its such a boring drink. Any ideas on how to add flavor to it? Beside lemon??

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    passion tea bags in cold water
    ginger
    cucumber slices
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Have you tried adding frozen or fresh fruit? It flavours your water and then you can also eat the fruit once you've finished
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    urljdtcg304v.png

Is this not a thing in America? In Norway I can literally go to the grocery store and pick from 30 different flavors/brands to add to my water.
  • kristen_wino
    kristen_wino Posts: 67 Member
    edited March 2016
    I infuse my water wth fruit. BUT lately I'm hooked on Nestle Pure Life, carbonated water (in a can.) No aspartame, No caffeine. Zero calories. I like the mango,peach,pineapple flavour. Also a rasberry,lime. I've found in in the water isle as well as pop isle in store. Plus it's filling due to carbonation. Comes in a 12pk.
  • Doin_it_4me920
    Doin_it_4me920 Posts: 25 Member
    Thanks for the ideas guys. Will have to give it a shot! :)
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Here are a couple of links on flavoring up your water (the Jamie Oliver link in the first site is broken so I've provided one that works):

http://www.theyummylife.com/Flavored_Water
    http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fruit-recipes/quick-easy-flavoured-water/
  • sndrd49
    sndrd49 Posts: 234 Member
    I infuse my water wth fruit. BUT lately I'm hooked on Nestle Pure Life, carbonated water (in a can.) No aspartame, No caffeine. Zero calories. I like the mango,peach,pineapple flavour. Also a rasberry,lime. I've found in in the water isle as well as pop isle in store. Plus it's filling due to carbonation. Comes in a 12pk.

How much sodium?
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    It doesn't take much to flavor water for me. I often add an ounce of grapefruit juice or an ounce of many other beverages- Orangina, pink lemonade. If I'm out, I'll pour a little of whatever hubby is drinking- i.e. Italian soda into my water.
  • maplesyrup10
    maplesyrup10 Posts: 52 Member
    Propel packers are the best!
  • rlpomeroy
    rlpomeroy Posts: 622 Member
    Sugar-free Kool-Aid, Crystal light, or the generic equilvalents
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited March 2016
    Bud-Light-Platinum.png

Even though there's really no difference, it might be worth a try...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Make it tea.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    I have a Soda Stream and drink sparkling water with a squeeze of lemon or lime juice.
  • caseypcarlin
    caseypcarlin Posts: 40 Member
    La Croix sparkling water. Zero calories, zero sweeteners, zero sodium, and tons of flavors to choose from. Took me from drinking 2-3 cans of diet soda a day to no soda at all in no time flat.
  • caseypcarlin
    caseypcarlin Posts: 40 Member
    passion tea bags in cold water
    ginger
    cucumber slices

Yum!!
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    I like to mash up some mint leaves along with some lemon slices. Or, mint and mushed up strawberries is delicious too.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Bud-Light-Platinum.png

Even though there's really no difference, it might be worth a try...

Well played, sir.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    I use a product called True Orange, True Lemon,and True lime, depending on which I have on hand. It is crystallized whatever fruit you choose. I use that and stevia and it tastes like lemonade or limeade.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    edited March 2016
    Filter it through ground up beans of the coffee plant. You can drink it hot or cold.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    urljdtcg304v.png

Is this not a thing in America? In Norway I can literally go to the grocery store and pick from 30 different flavors/brands to add to my water.

I have never seen this in America, but we have sparkling ice. Flavored water, zero calories, lots of flavors.