Baseball game...

Options
So I'm going to a baseball game tonight and am trying to be proactive on what to eat. The game is at 7 so I could actually eat a grilled chicken breast and veggies prior to going to the game, but lets be honest that's not fun. And my PERSONAL viewpoint on weight loss and fitness is moderation. So, I am trying to decide do I get a hot dog with just ketchup and mustard or a cheeseburger with ketchup. The hot dog prob has less cals but the cheeseburger prob has less mystery ingredients. I also think I'm going to get a chocolate covered banana for dessert cause I have a killer sweet tooth and figured that's healthier then funnel cake. Thoughts??

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    OMG! I was so going to ask this question earlier until I decided to sneak in some snacks. LOL!
  • allaboutty
    allaboutty Posts: 13
    Options
    My downfall is nachos. I'm going to a game Friday and was just wondering this exact same thing!

Based on calories, hot dogs seem to have less than hamburgers, esp if you cut out the bread
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    It all depends on what your ballpark has to offer. Mine has veggies dogs which I like and actually sells fruit as well. So I usually go with that. Mine also allows you to bring in your own snacks/bottled drinks and so on if you want so that is an option too.
  • BossSauce69
    Options
    Just get a hot dog and call it a day. If you move into the choco banana area, you're asking for trouble.
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    So I'm going to a baseball game tonight and am trying to be proactive on what to eat. The game is at 7 so I could actually eat a grilled chicken breast and veggies prior to going to the game, but lets be honest that's not fun. And my PERSONAL viewpoint on weight loss and fitness is moderation. So, I am trying to decide do I get a hot dog with just ketchup and mustard or a cheeseburger with ketchup. The hot dog prob has less cals but the cheeseburger prob has less mystery ingredients. I also think I'm going to get a chocolate covered banana for dessert cause I have a killer sweet tooth and figured that's healthier then funnel cake. Thoughts??
    Actually - most hot dogs are much higher in fat than most burgers (even those from McDonald's) - it is generally the buns that kill you - mustard whenever possible over the sugar in ketchup unless you need both lol

And yes - I'd say the banana with choco is better than funnel cake :)
  • crdav13
    crdav13 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I think I actually can bring food in but that's kinda my question...I don't want to. I want to be able to enjoy a nice evening watching baseball with a little stadium food...cause really, who doesn't love stadium food. I'm just trying to figure out the lesser of two evils.

And yes, I know that hot dogs are usually higher in fat then burgers which is why I ask is it better to go higher in fat but lower in cals, or lower in fat but higher in cals?
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I think that would be up to you, fat or calories? I would go with the hotdog, but that's only because it seems more like baseball food, ya know?
    This thread totally takes me down memory lane, my Dad used to take me a Mariner games as a kid. Loved it. We usually ate before going, and if we did buy something, it was usually salted peanuts.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I have tickets for a game in Philly next month. I know cheese steaks will be involved......
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    I have tickets for a game in Philly next month. I know cheese steaks will be involved......
    mmmmm now THAT sounds good
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Well, all I had was a hot dog and a water tonight at the Braves game.... and some fries afterwards. But I was only 75 cals over so I guess I didn't do too bad.