Creatine loading phase

Options
I didn't know what the correct amount and length of a creatine 'loading phase' but at the moment what I've been doing for the last week or so is taking a MyProtein small scoop before and after my gym sessions, also take it before and after rugby Training, is this a sufficient enough loading phase or should I keep going with my 10G a day for a while more?

Replies

• clutchitalian
    clutchitalian Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    creatine loading is a myth....they say that u are supposed to take 5g 3x day for 5 days then just pre and postworkout....u really do not need to load....
  • tiarnancliff
    tiarnancliff Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @clutchitalian will I keep going with my normal doses so?
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    https://examine.com/supplements/creatine/

read that. Especially the "how to take" section.

In fact, if you're interested in knowing about supplementation in general - cruise the site.
  • clutchitalian
    clutchitalian Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    no ur ok with 5g before and after training....10g already saturated ur muscles.........
  • HaVok214
    HaVok214 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    All you really need is 5g a day of creatine. Don't matter what time you take just try to take it consistently at the same time. I take it 30 min before my workout but it's up to you. 5 grams is about 1 rounded teaspoon. Also drink plenty of water. Hope this helps
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Creatine loading is majoring in the minors. Just take the recommended dose. But why are you taking it? For recovery? For building mass?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png