Dull Pain

BigBoneSista
BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
I am experiencing a dull pain above my right knee and just a little on my left. I up'd my weights last night doing ChaLean Extreme and I guess while performing the squats or lunges I might have overworked my lower quad. It doesn't hurt. Its just a odd uncomfortable feeling. I did my Turbo Fire HIIT this morning and it really didn't effect it much after my muscles warmed up. I just want to make sure I'm ok because I've never experienced this pain before. Should I ice it, use some icy hot or just let it be. Am I ok to continue working out while the pain exists? Thanks in advance for your help!

Replies

• MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    I would say have today be a rest day or maybe hit the pool if you swim to let your body heal. Also take a warm Epsom salt bath, that should help too. Hope you feel better.
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    ice in the first 24 hours heat after that.
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Pain is your body's way of saying STOP - if you continue working out you may experience a bigger setback than you would otherwise have. I have been out of the gym for three months for the same reason, except it was a rotator cuff shoulder injury from raquet sport that I didn't take seriously...
  • mrsmofink
    mrsmofink Posts: 6
    I have experienced the same thing. I think you can still work out just modify what your doing. For instance still do squats but just don't take them as low. The worst thing you could do is ignore the pain and get injured, then you wouldn't be able to work out at all. I am not an expert but this is how my trainer has dealt with my knee pain. I hope this helps!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Thank you everyone. I will take it easy for the next couple of days.
This discussion has been closed.