On the go, low carb food choice

Options
Can't eat breakfast 1st thing in the morning. About 10am, body starts craving carbs. But working on the go I can't sit down. Looking at 'low carb' options for a quick, handheld breakfast choice. Allergic to walnuts. Suggestions?

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I'm not low carb and wouldn't want to ever be low carb. But I recently spoke to a low carb person who talked about how they eat at McDonald's when they are on the go. He orders meat alone with no bun or bread, like bacon or sausage patties and gets eggs and a coffee. This is the first " on the go" low carb option I thought of but I'm sure others can give you more choices.
  • thecassharvey
    thecassharvey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Grab a bag/2? of large pepperoni sticks and cube a block of cheese at the beginning of the work week. Ration them into individual bags/containers. Take one and throw it into the car right before you leave. Viola! A quick and easy breakfast you can eat with your hands.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Two ounces of macadamia nuts (4.5 grams protein, 8 grams carbs), turkey or beef jerky, cheese sticks, crab sticks, hard boiled eggs, ham and cheese roll-ups, soy chips.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • manukahoneybadger
    manukahoneybadger Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Protein bars :) I can be properly hungry- maybe even hangry- and one of those babies sorts me right out, whilst keeping my protein on track
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Protein bar, protein shake, cheese sticks, jerky, boiled eggs.
  • clutchitalian
    clutchitalian Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    make a shake of 1 scoop whey,1 cup milk,2 tbsp peanut butter and it will fill u up.............
  • domgibson88
    domgibson88 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I bring a yogurt (not fat free just good ole regular yogurt) and a 2 hard boiled eggs to work...I have a hard boiled egg with a yogurt in my morning break ( as I am usually more hungry in the morning) then my afternoon snack after lunch is another egg..that holds me till supper and I dont snack after supper.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Lettuce wraps are my go to!