Good dinner for weight loss

Options
Hello,
I am at that point in my weight loss journey where I only need to lose about 10 or 15 more pounds to get the body i want (I just got that stupid little pooch hanging on my lower abdomen and have lost about 80 lbs so far) any way I just started meal prepping a few weeks ago, which has really helped me to keep track of my calories and macros. I really like to mix it up, but this last week I made veggie stir fries everyday (with a protein like tuna/salmon/shrimp/chicken) and I could honestly eat that for dinner everyday. I use a small amount of coconut oil, lots of veggies and 1 serving size portion of protein with a tbsp of low sodium soy sauce and a bit sriracha. But what I am wondering is, is stir fry even healthy? The way I make it, it comes out to about 230 calories (more if i use chicken). Should i continue with the stir fry everyday or should i find a healthier alternative (or is stir fry actually that healthy?)

Also if anyone has any insight/tips/advice on how to finally get rid of that last bit of fat I would be forever greatful!!! I try to stick to about 1200-1300 calories everyday and I do weightlifting and cardio (about 15 to 20 min on stairstepper/treadmill/eliptical)

And one more question for those of you who are in a similar boat, I have two days for training legs, but if I want to actually build muscle on my lower body should I eat more calories on leg day or will that just hamper my weight-loss efforts (aka, will i still be able to lose fat even though I am eating a surplus of calories on leg day?)

Replies

• samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Our family eats stir fry almost every day. It's as healthy as you make it. As long as you are measuring everything and counting EVERYTHING, then it is what it is. If you are meeting your macros (proteins, fats, and carbs) then I wouldn't be worried.

As for more calories during exercise: 1200-1300 does sound a bit low in general. You need to eat back all exercise calories at around 50-75% (MFP overestimates), otherwise, you are actually under-eating.

Make sure you measure and log oils, even the ones you use to grease the pan, sauces, etc., and if you are doing that, nothing is unhealthy about a stir fry. If you enjoy it, and you are within your calories/macros, enjoy!

:smiley:
  • MaryLouiseHand
    MaryLouiseHand Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Stir fry is a great way to eat your veggies. The way you are making it sounds healthy. Just make sure you measure everything so you can correctly count the calories.
  • domgibson88
    domgibson88 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Honestly??through out the day vigourously tighten your tummy....like clench your stomach muscles off and on throughout the day...I have touretts syndrome and its one of my "ticks" I have abs and NEVER work on stomach at the gym....try to mentally do it as much as you can..people dont notice your doing it..just a little tip :)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    eat whatever you want that fits in your calorie and macro goals.....
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    It's more about how much you're eating than what you're eating.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • Kelsern31
    Kelsern31 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses, they were all very helpful!!