dog walking friends

Options

Replies

• fishccer
    fishccer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    @CollieFit Where are you? That dog walk looks gorgeous. Fellow dog lover here, between hubby and myself we have 4 springer spaniels and a greyhound. I have to admit though, 3 of the springers live outdoors and are hubby's, I don't have alot to do with them other than spoiling them when he lets them out. As they are working dogs I get in a little bit of trouble for this lol. The greyhound is all mine, we can walk for miles.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    burnsjulia wrote: »
    Our dog, Louise, was hit by a car 4 months ago and her pelvis was broken. But she's back to walking on 4 legs, getting her strength back and we're back to a nearly 2 mile walk. Glad to have her still! r7v7zgvdbmn9.jpg

Oh gosh how scary! Amazing recovery!! You must be so relieved she is still with you. Our older dog has been with me through some very difficult times and I would be devastated if anything happened to either of them. <3
  • CollieFit
    Options
    fishccer wrote: »
    @CollieFit Where are you? That dog walk looks gorgeous. Fellow dog lover here, between hubby and myself we have 4 springer spaniels and a greyhound. I have to admit though, 3 of the springers live outdoors and are hubby's, I don't have alot to do with them other than spoiling them when he lets them out. As they are working dogs I get in a little bit of trouble for this lol. The greyhound is all mine, we can walk for miles.

Hello. :) We're in Wiltshire, in rural England. The canal you can see is called the Kennet & Avon Canal.
    http://www.canaljunction.com/canal/kennet_avon.htm

Interesting that your greyhound is a good walker. I used to know a lot of people involved in UK greyhound rescue and a lot of them would say they're the laziest dogs in the world and spend most of their life upside down on th sofa. LOL <3
  • CollieFit
    Options
    I have a boxer that walks with me. :) I would love the extra support. Been trying on the nice days to walk her.

Thanks for your FR. :)
  • CollieFit
    Options
    Huge dog fan here:)0mdqjco87kdl.jpeg

What a lovely bunch!!! <3
  • fishccer
    Options
    @CollieFit I just knew you were in Blighty from that pic, I'm in South Devon, near Dawlish, you may have visited at some point. We got Jess from GRWE, she does spend most of her time upside down on the sofa lol but she loves a good walk too. Do you ever get out to Dartmoor? We keep meaning to get up to Exmoor with the dogs but never get round to it. One day...
  • CollieFit
    Options
    fishccer wrote: »
    @CollieFit I just knew you were in Blighty from that pic, I'm in South Devon, near Dawlish, you may have visited at some point. We got Jess from GRWE, she does spend most of her time upside down on the sofa lol but she loves a good walk too. Do you ever get out to Dartmoor? We keep meaning to get up to Exmoor with the dogs but never get round to it. One day...

@fishccer Yes been to Dawlish as I have a friend who lives just outside of Exmouth! :)

Exmoor is one of our favourite stomping grounds for short holiday breaks... You know when you haven't got enough days to get all the way to the Lake District. :D

tqrclqqeff75.jpg
  • fishccer
    Options
    @CollieFit I was born and bred in St Helens Lancashire, we had easy access to the Lakes but never appreciated them. Youth is wasted on the young as they say! We live not far from Dartmoor now so try to get out there as much as possible.
    My eldest son does Ten Tors, he's doing 55 miles this year, don't envy him! He's just got back from a 42 mile training trek, such a shame he can't take a dog :-(
  • cramermomma15
    cramermomma15 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me my girls are a chiweenie and a boradors and both are out of shape like me and we are all working on getting back to movement and being outside. I had such high hopes the beginning of the year but I have really been lazy and with this nice weather lately I should have no excuses

jqef1ra7c76e.jpeg
    rjcxqi4s0ldq.jpeg
  • daisygirl2017
    daisygirl2017 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have a little 11 lb chug. We walk a lot with audio books.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    she'll do a full half marathon with me. 6.5 years. I hope she'll be able to do it for a while longer
    14855237146_d3d197ce5c_n.jpg
  • amclain93
    amclain93 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've got four dogs, but only my Astrid likes walks, just got back from our first morning one! We usually just do a short 10 min walk before bed, but today we went for a half hour in the morning, and it was lovely!
  • CollieFit
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    she'll do a full half marathon with me. 6.5 years. I hope she'll be able to do it for a while longer
    14855237146_d3d197ce5c_n.jpg

She's beautiful. :)
  • CollieFit
    Options
    @cramermomma15 - I think we have twin dogs!!

grup6whknqer.jpg
  • cramermomma15
    edited March 2016
    Options
    CollieFit wrote: »
    @cramermomma15 - I think we have twin dogs!!

grup6whknqer.jpg
    I was thinking that when I saw you post his pic too! My girl has white paws and a lot more white on her chest I'll try and post a picture later
  • CollieFit
    Options
    My girl has 4 white short socks, a white chest and a white tail tip. :)
    dk4tx0ndp4gu.jpg
  • cramermomma15
    Options
    mvhrdxuqbc2a.jpeg
    CollieFit wrote: »
    My girl has 4 white short socks, a white chest and a white tail tip. :)
    dk4tx0ndp4gu.jpg

My girl Sweetie is 5 this year already and she is so amazing love her to death she doesn't have white on her tail but her paws and tummy

• CollieFit
    Options
    Sister by another Mister. ;)
    Kara is 5 too. :)
  • desiresdestiny
    desiresdestiny Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    eyocjk1cd8jgd.jpeg

We got another pup from the shelter so we walk her with our lab mix puppy. They are pups in training
  • zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    g7bkbzzvvln2.jpg
    We've got a tiny Boston so our walks are short but daily.