10mo post partum, BFing and I need to lose weight....who's with me?

Options
I am nursing my 10-month-old and just starting my weight loss journey now. I have about 45 pounds to lose until I am at my prepregnancy weight. I had a lot of trouble with supply issues in the beginning and that's why I didn't try losing weight earlier. I will be getting a fit bit in a couple weeks in hopes that that will also motivate me to stay active. I will need support to stay on track since I have a sweet tooth so if you want to motivate each other please add me. It would be preferable if you were in a similar situation/lifestyle (post partum/BFing)

Replies

• EllenJWard
    EllenJWard Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Breast feeding will help you lose weight quickly. I found it difficult to eat enough to keep up with the milk making demands. Was back to less than my original weight in about 5 months with little/no effort.
    The danger comes when your baby weans. That's when you need to remember to cut back to a normal amount of food.
    Good luck super mom. :smiley:
  • wendi488
    wendi488 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well unfortunately I wasn't one of the lucky ones who loses a bunch of weight while EBF. I guess my calorie intake was way too high lol. My baby is on solids now so that's why I'm starting now since he doesn't rely solely on breastmilk anymore. Maybe now that I'm paying attention to CICO I'll start losing.
  • Tracenora
    Tracenora Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I gained weight breast feeding my first baby, and just gained an additional 6lbs after 3 months Post Partum with baby #2! (Gained 45 during pregnancy, I'm down 18) My issue is I am constantly hungry & end up over eating and obviously making the wrong choices lol.
  • Allikag
    Allikag Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! I gained 60lbs and 8mo post partum I'm only down 15lbs. I tried getting back into eating right and working out pretty hard in late April, then partially ruptured My Achilles in May. I am just now cleared to wear regular shoes and to start some light workouts again. So here goes nothing!

Also, if I hear one more person tell me "you've just had a baby, it takes time" I'm gonna lose it!