Pot roast

Options
Hi everyone! I have a pot roast in the crock pot with potatoes and carrots and can't seem to find teh calories on this.Can anyomne help?

Replies

• CherylLynn5
    CherylLynn5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The calories would depend on what cut of beef the pot roast is.

ETA - Also how much it weighs. The amount of carrots, potatoes and other ingredients you've stuck in there as well.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you should have weighed everything you put in the crock pot, added it up and divided by number of servings.

you could have a 300 calorie meal, you could have a 800+ calorie meal.
  • veggiecanner
    veggiecanner Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    its probably bottom or top round. If you search either one you'll get the calories for 3 oz servings , then you can add the veggies.
  • ckyakr
    ckyakr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've got a 3lb pork shoulder in the crock pot right now. What I did was to create a recipe and add in the shoulder, the spice packet, onion, etc. Then estimate how many servings the entire amount would be (MFP takes the full amount of nutrition info and divides it by the # of servings). That's the easiest way, it's never going to be super exact.
  • ckyakr
    ckyakr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The other way to do this is when you serve it up, weigh each part (pot roast, then the carrots, then the potatoes) and enter each one into MFP (queue the weigh before cooking or weigh after cooking endless thread...)
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    ckyakr wrote: »
    I've got a 3lb pork shoulder in the crock pot right now. What I did was to create a recipe and add in the shoulder, the spice packet, onion, etc. Then estimate how many servings the entire amount would be (MFP takes the full amount of nutrition info and divides it by the # of servings). That's the easiest way, it's never going to be super exact.

You can weigh the individual components beforehand and enter them into the recipe builder. When the food is done cooking weigh the entire thing in grams and input that value into the servings box. Then you just have to weigh the amounts you take out and enter it as that many servings. In effect you're saying that each gram of food is one serving which is obviously ridiculous, but makes for a far more precise calculation.